New Lumia 1520 - Duplicating songs

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Relatively new WP8 user (tinkered before, but now thought I would really try it) so I have a new Lumia 1520.

I'm having problems with songs I copy onto my SD card and popped into my 1520 showing up twice.
I've deleted, reformatted the SD, cleared out the Music folder on the phone, etc.

Starting clean, XBOX Music and Nokia Music show no songs or albums, etc. I pop in a newly formatted 64GB microSD card.
WP asks if I want to keep music, photos, etc., on the card. I say YES.

I've turned off XBOX Music Cloud settings, and in XBOX Music pick to show only SD card content.

I've done this next part different ways, but with my 1520 connected to my PC USB port, I copy MP3's into the SD card Music folder inside my Windows Phone through Explorer.
Copy/Paste. Even just ONE MP3 shows up duplicated in XBOX Music and Nokia Music.

What is wrong with this? I've spend hours this morning trying to figure it out and I am frustrated that something SO SIMPLE doesn't work as it should with Windows Phone.
Not giving me warm and fuzzy feelings about WP8 (coming from my iPhone 5, nonetheless).

At first I had copied about 360 MP3's all at once and almost all my songs had the same album art and the metadata was screwed up. Sheesh.

Help please. Thank you!

lapirk

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
i had the same issue with my month old 1520. during the course of which i installed a 64gb card and just randomly
dropped in music folders into the sd card and the phone memory, resulting in all the duplicates.
even if you remove the folders manually through the pc the problem will still remain.
the way i fixed it is do a hard reset, format the sd card in the phone settings and sync music or
whatever into your sd card using the windows phone app on your pc. this is i think the best way with no issues so far unless ofcourse others have found different methods

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, what's the cause/fix?

Turns out, I found the solution here.
The magic trick, apparently and for some odd reason, was formatting the card in the phone instead of in your Windows PC. I did all the other steps in the "fix" but always got duplicate song listings.
I due plan ol' copying of songs to the microSD from my computer (or to the phone connected via USB), and only after formatting the card in the phone did it work correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss