Lumia 720 Portico / Amber / Black photo quality comparison & solution: downgrading

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Nokia has to bring out camera update to this phone not Nokia Camera app update. In general a fix to this camera picture quality issue.. Hope

JuxJake18

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
all it needs is a quick update but I think they won't do it, because they want users to upgrade to the more high-end devices, the likes of the 1020,925,1520. Even the 920 has encountered the same problems as the 720, I read some threads in the 920 forums.

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed there is no drop in quality of video recording,. Its just the photo quality that has degraded. Its degraded to the point that I feel like changing my cell phone. At L720 price point I cant find any WP8 phone in the market. :unhappy::unhappy:

5witcher

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Luck Flores, thanks again!

I made the downgrade! I used "059S0T4 RM-885 ZA WHITE SWAP" ROM, it's a clean United Kingdom ROM, Amber/Black are not available for it. My phone works just fine and camera is good again! I made a photo - you can compare it to the photo of the same place I made with Black firmware and posted in this thread.

Portico, Auto mode:
WP_20140321_002.jpg

As you can see, colors are natural and picture is clear enough - great result for a phone camera in such low-light conditions.

I hope that now it is clear to everyone that Amber/Black photo algorithms are badly messed up.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I think you can get this good shot on black update. I see that on the portico picture, the lighting lamps are missing and they are what makes the black picture look bad.

adhemo

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I also have this issue... green tint in all my photos... it's absolutely HORRIBLE. Are we still without solutions from Nokia?

Rangga17

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
oh I though I'm just the only who got this problem with my lumia 720..

yes it's right, the portico had a very nice picture.
how can an updates (and it happen twice : amber & black), make a camera more worst.
what the hell nokia thinking when make this update???

the front facing camera make more worse picture, you got a very nice preview but after you captured it ?
congratulation you become like a person with hepatitides because that ugly yellowish.

come on nokia don't blind with this problem :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital