Here drive wont always work. Gps is fine

Nick Segers

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When i open my here drive app he knows where i am, when i select a route he calculates it and when i press start. It sometimes doesnt know that my car is driving(speed 0) and stays on the same point.
I have to force close the app and start it again so it knows where i am.

Also one time in the middel of my route it suddenly stopped and said that my speed was 0.

Is this a know issue ? i really like here drive but i dont know what im doing wrong.
(latest nokia update)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest reinstalling the app and see if it keeps doing this.

Before reinstalling you could do a soft reset just to refresh your settings.

If it keeps doing it you may need to perform a hard reset.

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar issue. I've been trying to get Nokia to fix it at a care point.

Do you have your phone charging while you use Here Drive?

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that the GPS in all 920s have issues. I have had 5 different 920s and they all have issues with positioning quickly and accurately. I can find a route in Here maps then select navigation and when Here Drive opens up it can't find my current position or puts me somewhere sometimes a mile or more from where I currently am. While driving it will suddenly say to make a turn because it thinks I got off a freeway and am on a side street! All 5 have had this problem. I picked up a 520 and it locks on to its position nearly instantly, even when in side my house or a 1 story building. I compared my 920 to my wife's 1020 a couple of days ago while sitting in a room at our church and her phone found its location within 1 second and even had us in the correct location in the building. My 920 never found its position. I've decided that the 920 is basically GPS handicapped. This is hard to believe since the BlackBerry 9000 I had years ago was so good that I could literally navigate entirely by the satellite map if I wanted to. Nothing I've used since then has come close to matching it. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb