Heading to Verizon today after work to get the Icon

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Right now I am paying $160 about $179 after tax for my plan.

If I am doing math correctly I should be getting on edge for my wife and I and the total will bump to $180, $199 after tax.

I will update if I get it and post some pics. I hate that Zagg doesn't have an invisible shield for it yet.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 phones on my plan

Smartphone $40
Smartphone $40
Icon on Edge $23.06
Icon on Edge $23.06
10GB Data $100
Discount $40
Total $186

My current plan is
Smartphone $40
Smartphone $40
6GB of Data $80
Total $160

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Make sure they have it in stock. There are way more Verizon's that didn't stock it at all compared to actually stocking it. And if they did stock it they probably only have 2.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok folks, I walked into the Verizon store the moment it opened up this morning to check out the Icon. Here's my report: It is a beautiful looking phone, to me it felt and looked bigger than I expected. I'd say about an half inch taller than my 822 and same width basically. I must say that it is really bothersome how Verizon treats Windows Phone like a step child. At this store, the iPhone and Android, specifically the Moto X had these big display areas with cool posters and lighting around them. Windows Phone gets nothing however, they didn't have the Icon out yet! The Rep had to go in the back to get it. Microsoft is really gonna have to address this issue if they want to gain anymore market share.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok folks, I walked into the Verizon store the moment it opened up this morning to check out the Icon. Here's my report: It is a beautiful looking phone, to me it felt and looked bigger than I expected. I'd say about an half inch taller than my 822 and same width basically. I must say that it is really bothersome how Verizon treats Windows Phone like a step child. At this store, the iPhone and Android, specifically the Moto X had these big display areas with cool posters and lighting around them. Windows Phone gets nothing however, they didn't have the Icon out yet! The Rep had to go in the back to get it. Microsoft is really gonna have to address this issue if they want to gain anymore market share.

They're really committed to Droids. Every Verizon billboard I see in Chicago is Droid related.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure the OP will not be able to concentrate on his his in office. His mind would be on the Icon whole day waiting for it to land into his palms. :p

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure the OP will not be able to concentrate on his his in office. His mind would be on the Icon whole day waiting for it to land into his palms. :p

I'm going after work too and haven't really been doing anything but reading forums post all day. I could go the the Verizon store across the street anytime today, but I'll have to pay sales tax. So i'm waiting to hit up a NH store on the way home. LOL

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

You're right I actually upgraded to Edge both of my phones and got the Icon because if you do it online there is a promotion and you will get your first installment credited back to you.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Went the edge route and got one of two black ones in stock. No white one unless special order. I hung onto my 928 for a few moments to make sure I wanted to do this but finally let go and walked out with the ICON. Absolutely love this thing. Highly recommend it anyone wanting to go the WP route.

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think I changed my mind on this one, I decided I don't want to lose my unlimited data. Going to buy a used 928 I guess and pick up an Icon when the next best thing comes out.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Remember guys, Verizon is only selling the black version in stores. White is online only. Not sure if Microsoft Stores are doing the same, but Microsoft Stores are charging $599 versus Verizon's $549 if you're going off contract.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think I changed my mind on this one, I decided I don't want to lose my unlimited data. Going to buy a used 928 I guess and pick up an Icon when the next best thing comes out.
Not because of the data issue but because it felt so huge in my hand, I just couldn't pull the trigger on it this morning! My 822 is so rock solid and so perfect sized, it's hard to let it go.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
IVE BEEN RUNNING AROUND AND CALLING SO MANY VERIZON STORES AND I CANNOT FIND ONE! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEIR SITE WILL NOT LET ME ORDER ONE!!i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo