tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Done, all there is too it, just finishing this stupid chase for a phone where a started. Been looking for this phone forever, but after looking forward to it for 6 months I can't get it. It's just impossible? how you might ask, do I live outside the US? No. Oh are you a Verizon customer? Yes. Ohhh ok well do you have the money for it? Yes. Then why is it impossible? Because this phone is impossible to get off contract AND delivered to my school address. Like how stupid is that? I can't go to Verizon because i'm not the primary account holder and they will charge the bill instead of my credit card. Like every other online retailer can ship packages wherever (to some extend of course) but and every other retailer lets you choose how you want to pay. So my choices are A. Ship it and drive home, or B. pay my father back for the phone somehow with money I just paid off my credit card with? I am paying $600, I SHOULD MAKE THE CHOICES!

Also if anyone says they can get the phone for 549.99 at the MS is a straight up liar. I've been through like 8 live chats and an answer desk and no one could figure it out. Why post stuff on here that isn't true, were all just trying to get something we want, stop wasting my time!

So I decided to not even get the phone unless I can choose how to pay AND where to ship, otherwise these two companies can just [insert something that cuts them deep].

Edit: chill pill has been consumed, just working a solution now

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would your dad be willing to put you as a manager of the account, even if just for the one day? My wife is a manager on my account, and she can make whatever changes I could make. It's a thought, anyway.

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Can't you just go to the store, get the phone, and then make a payment online? You don't have to be the primary account holder to make a payment. Seems pretty weird you don't just go to the Verizon store. Even if you wanted this to be a big "secret" from the primary account holder, they'll still see on the bill what phones are on the account... and if you pay the offset on the bill, it should make 0 difference.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Dude, it's going to be okay. You'll find a way to get the phone off contract in the next few days.

Regarding the $549.00 thing - Different Microsoft stores are run differently. Price matches ultimately come down to the manager of the store. Some store managers are more willing to accept price matches than others. Not all Microsoft stores need to have the same price matching policy. Microsoft's live chat or retail center would not be able to tell you what a store manager is going to say with regards to a price match.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My Dad isn't really the technology type, so doubt he will notice 822 change to Icon. Also I doubt he will make me an account manager because he doesn't believe I should spend that much money on a phone ( he doesn't understand that that's their real price, and that the contract prices are lower because of the contract).

I am just frustrated by all of this, sorry if I sound mad or whatever, I am really just begging for help.

If I pay the bill online will it show up on the snail mail in bill?

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Dude, it's going to be okay. You'll find a way to get the phone off contract in the next few days.

Regarding the $549.00 thing - Different Microsoft stores are run differently. Price matches ultimately come down to the manager of the store. Some store managers are more willing to accept price matches than others. Not all Microsoft stores need to have the same price matching policy. Microsoft's live chat or retail center would not be able to tell you what a store manager is going to say with regards to a price match.

Thanks, sorry like I just replied this is all just frustrating. Chill pill has been taken

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Got anyone that has Verizon close to you? Just have them buy it off contract through their account and go with them and use your CC.

If not, Paypal them the $$$ (might lost 17 bucks in fees, but whatever).

Orrrr, have some you trust here, if you do, buy the phone and ship it to you (Pay them plus shipping through Paypal).

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Got anyone that has Verizon close to you? Just have them buy it off contract through their account and go with them and use your CC.

If not, Paypal them the $$$ (might lost 17 bucks in fees, but whatever).

Orrrr, have some you trust here, if you do, buy the phone and ship it to you (Pay them plus shipping through Paypal).

Options I like it, I could actually do that I believe, with one of my roommates, but lets make that the last resort

cdd543

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine full retail online, did in store pickup and was in and out in 5 minutes. Only issue was the not so smart VZW rep activated the device when I told him not to...minor annoyance.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Different Microsoft stores are run differently. Price matches ultimately come down to the manager of the store. Some store managers are more willing to accept price matches than others. Not all Microsoft stores need to have the same price matching policy.

That's not true at all. Every Microsoft Retail Store has the same price match policy. They have to, they're all corporate-owned. Where it becomes complicated is if you couple it with the free wireless charger or 10% education discount; then it does become the manager's prerogative to honor all discounts; technically they're only supposed to do one discount because of the "no stacking discounts" policy, but either some managers forget, or they make exceptions.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That's not true at all. Every Microsoft Retail Store has the same price match policy. They have to, they're all corporate-owned. Where it becomes complicated is if you couple it with the free wireless charger or 10% education discount; then it does become the manager's prerogative to honor all discounts; technically they're only supposed to do one discount because of the "no stacking discounts" policy, but either some managers forget, or they make exceptions.

Refer to #15 in the Microsoft Store Terms of Use & Sale - Microsoft Store - TERMS OF USE AND SALE

Prices at the Microsoft Store will be as stated on the Website. If we have a Microsoft Retail Store in your country or region, the prices, product selection and promotions offered there may be different from those on the Website. Microsoft does not guarantee that a price, product or promotion offered online will also be available or honored at a Microsoft Retail Store or vice versa.

and

The Microsoft Store does not have a price match guarantee. We will not match the advertised price other retailers offer for the same items.

It's never been an official policy for the Microsoft Store to price match. Some manager's just do it at their specific stores as a means of generating business and staying with competition. I spent a summer in high school working at an Office Max with a similar approach to price matching. This whole "Corporate-Owned price matching" thing doesn't really fly with a lot of franchises.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
My Dad isn't really the technology type, so doubt he will notice 822 change to Icon. Also I doubt he will make me an account manager because he doesn't believe I should spend that much money on a phone ( he doesn't understand that that's their real price, and that the contract prices are lower because of the contract).

I am just frustrated by all of this, sorry if I sound mad or whatever, I am really just begging for help.

If I pay the bill online will it show up on the snail mail in bill?

Is it possible for someone you know buy the phone for you. It doesn't have to be activated at the time of purchase unless you want it to be. Just tell them it's a gift. Not sure where you are but maybe someone on this forum sees your dilemma and can help you out. I got mine today and it's worth the effort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12