Lumia Icon Screen Protectors

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Just checked the Ghost Armor website ghost-armor.com. They finally have a skin for the Icon. There's a kiosk near my house so I plan to just get the screen protector.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you liking it so far, I'm ready to get one soon.
Haven't had much time to do anything with it yet... I reset it when I got home because I didn't install the backup when I activated it, because my backup is going to be more than 2GB (restoring now). But the screen is beautiful. It's only a few mm taller and wider than the 928, so the size is about the same. I ordered the Incipio Feather for it from the WPCentral Store. I'll need to find better screen protectors - I hate the one from Verizon. It has just the rubbery texture that I wanted back in my Windows Mobile days when I was using a stylus on the resistive screens. But not so great for swiping with your finger.

garyrh

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For anybody wondering, my Skinomi shield just came in. Application was easy, it covers the ENTIRE glass portion of the front (even on the curved glass it goes on smooth and doesn't lift like you'd expect), holes were cut out perfectly, and I couldn't be happier! Every time I install a Skinomi shield, it reminds me why I would never buy from another manufacturer!
I love my Skinomi on my Icon. First time I have ever used one and so easy to install. This will be the only screen protector will ever buy for my phones. I even put one on my wife iPhone 5s.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to look at the Skinomi. I forgot to look when I got home, and the phone was just sitting there for a long time charging and installing my backup, so I didn't think of it until I went to bed and laid there arranging the start screen.
:wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm looking at the Skinomi now, and it says:
Grip-improving ridges assure smooth feel while making the device easier to grip and hold.
Just so I'm clear, you guys are telling me that this stuff is slick and smooth to glide a finger on, and swipe? Just looking at the picture with the pen trying to poke through it gives me pause, but if you're telling me that this thing is slick, I'll go with it.
Thanks!

bropes8

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com: Evecase Screen Protector Variety Pack with 2x Clear and 2x Matte Anti-Glare Film for Nokia Lumia Icon (929) - 4 Pack (Verizon Version Compatible): Cell Phones & Accessories
Just bought myself these bad boys. We'll only see once they arrive whether or not I get only what I pay for, but the reviews looked great (the only bad ones were for those who thought they were ordering for a 1520).
My Icon came in the mail on Tuesday the 1st and I've kept the screen cover (with button labels and all) on it since then. I don't know why I'm scared to take the darn thing off

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
so i put on my Skinomi... liking it so far. just added it so I'm still waiting for the full drying process to happen.

once you apply it, you can't reapply it? I noticed the holes along the top for the speaker, sensor, etc. are aligned well but I would like the bottom hole for the microphone to be just a tad better but I don't want to ruin the whole skin just to adjust it (the mic hole appears to just barely clear the cutout but I'm not sure).

I also know there is a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. However, has anyone used that warranty and how restrictive or extensive the warranty is?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the Verizon protectors either. It feels rubbery and tacky. The protectors that they had for the 928 were much better. I think I'm going to go naked (nekked?) until I find something better.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Skinomi, and it's better than the Verizon branded protector, that's for sure. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'll never use another brand, though. It is easy to leave marks on the screen - not visible when using the phone, but definitely visible when off. I do like the wet application method, though.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so i put on my Skinomi... liking it so far. just added it so I'm still waiting for the full drying process to happen.

once you apply it, you can't reapply it? I noticed the holes along the top for the speaker, sensor, etc. are aligned well but I would like the bottom hole for the microphone to be just a tad better but I don't want to ruin the whole skin just to adjust it (the mic hole appears to just barely clear the cutout but I'm not sure).

I also know there is a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. However, has anyone used that warranty and how restrictive or extensive the warranty is?

You can reapply but it is very very tricky and will not be as clear. It is really meant to be a one time install. I've used their lifetime warranty multiple times on different devices. There is a form on their site that you fill out, take 30 seconds, and they ship you a new one usually no questions asked. Once they did ask me to email them pictures of the protector as part of quality assurance but that's it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Skinomi, and it's better than the Verizon branded protector, that's for sure. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'll never use another brand, though. It is easy to leave marks on the screen - not visible when using the phone, but definitely visible when off. I do like the wet application method, though.

Yes exact experience here. But what I do, since they have the easy lifetime warranty I ride it out as long as I can until the marks are annoying and then just process a replacement.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
a long time user of Zagg, I got the Skinomi installed. I hate that it didn't come with a a wedge and told me to use my credit card for the installation process. My cards are all jacked up. That's what happens when you use them.

I like that its much smoother than Zaggs but it feels cheap. I am use to Zagg's feeling rubbery. Does Skinomi have one of them videos that proves its scratch proof and can withstand 200 pounds of pressure and will not break cause I would love to see that with how cheap the Skinomi feels.

Will not buy again but Zagg did not make the shield for Icon. Hopefully, they will have it for the 930 which should be the same as Icon.

Edit. One more thing. I do not like Skinomi's replacement process. There's printing and faxing involved. I actually emailed customer support about their mundane replacement process and told them we all have smart phones so why cant we just send a PDF to them filled but they have not responded to me. (Its been about a month) There customer service really sucks.

On a side note I did email Zagg about making a shield for the Icon and they replied within 24 hours and told me that they will forward the suggestion over to their development team.

P.S Zagg's replacement process is not mundane. Its

Click
Click
received
return

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
a long time user of Zagg, I got the Skinomi installed. I hate that it didn't come with a a wedge and told me to use my credit card for the installation process. My cards are all jacked up. That's what happens when you use them.

I like that its much smoother than Zaggs but it feels cheap. I am use to Zagg's feeling rubbery. Does Skinomi have one of them videos that proves its scratch proof and can withstand 200 pounds of pressure and will not break cause I would love to see that with how cheap the Skinomi feels.

Will not buy again but Zagg did not make the shield for Icon. Hopefully, they will have it for the 930 which should be the same as Icon.

Edit. One more thing. I do not like Skinomi's replacement process. There's printing and faxing involved. I actually emailed customer support about their mundane replacement process and told them we all have smart phones so why cant we just send a PDF to them filled but they have not responded to me. (Its been about a month) There customer service really sucks.

On a side note I did email Zagg about making a shield for the Icon and they replied within 24 hours and told me that they will forward the suggestion over to their development team.

P.S Zagg's replacement process is not mundane. Its

Click
Click
received
return

This is strange. All of my screen protectors have came with orange wedges for the install (I can post a picture of them all when I get home) and their replacement process is absolutely nothing what you said. Fill out this tiny form http://www.skinomi.com/warranty.html and they email you saying its shipping. You don't even need to send the old one back.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This is strange. All of my screen protectors have came with orange wedges for the install (I can post a picture of them all when I get home) and their replacement process is absolutely nothing what you said. Fill out this tiny form Warranty and they email you saying its shipping. You don't even need to send the old one back.

Yeah this is new they must have updated their process because before you had to print the form, fill it out and fax it back in. Well that is a relief because it was a horrible process. Maybe my email did get to them and they decided to improve their process.

Anyways, you still have to send in the original

Step 3: Send back the original
Once you receive your replacement, please send back your original Skinomi item and include the invoice/order number. If you do not send back the original product, the item will be void of the Liftetime Replacement Guarantee and the item will not qualify for any future replacements. Return your original Skinomi product to:

Frequently Asked Questions

Edit.

I bought it directly from Skinomi.com did not received an orange wedge.

Included:

• Nokia Lumia Icon Screen Protector
• 1 Bottle of Application Solution
• Installation Instructions
• Lifetime Warranty

http://www.skinomi.com/sk14859-nokia-lumia-929-screen-protector.html

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Weird... well I think they changed it for the worse, cause the way I've been doing has been the same for years (I've done it for years) I guess I sucked all the money out of them lol my icon protector I bought on the day it was released.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the VZW one I'm generally displeased with it. I think I'll head to my local mall and get the ghost armor applied to it. I've used Ghost Armor in the past and like what it has to offer.

prashp1

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Zagg does have shield for the Icon. I got it installed from Zagg itself at the mall. It came out on Mar 20 or so, a month after Icon came out. Microsoft stores have them too.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Zagg does have shield for the Icon. I got it installed from Zagg itself at the mall. It came out on Mar 20 or so, a month after Icon came out. Microsoft stores have them too.

I was at the local MSFT store and they said they MSFT is fixing to stop selling Zagg protectors. The Zagg protectors they sell don't quite fit right. Something about it covering one of the microphones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786