EDGE - Confused

cceller

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Was willing to go to the EDGE to get the new Icon. Spoke with a rep in live chat and asked, would I have to turn in my 928 (that I didn't even purchase through Verizon). Rep said no.

So, I get to the last screen before completing my order and in red letters across the top I am told if I do not turn in the existing phone I have when placing this order I would have to pay up to 200 bucks.

Now, I have read the reviews on EDGE and it seems like it is HEAVILY in Verizon's favor but that seems a bit nuts to me.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chad

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
you don't have to trade in any phone if you are eligible for a upgrade, if not & you got you contract before 11-15-2013 you have to trade in a smartphone. just did it on 3 lines. read my post below about it.

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just did the Edge today.

Once I get the Lumia in the mail I need to send in my GS4. I'll be losing money on that as I could get $200-$300 on eBay, but wasn't comfortable/had the extra funds to throw down $600 (w/ overnight shipping and tax) for the Lumia up front.

From what I've read, it IS in Verizon's favor DEPENDING on when you upgrade. If you're upgrading at the 8-14 month mark then your good. If you upgrade later then you're overpaying since you need to give the phone back to Verizon.

I tend to upgrade once a year, so for me it's a no brainer. I get the monthly discount (plus the discount if I up to 10gbs a month data), and then make sure I pay off 50% of the phone come March '15. Then I get a new phone.

Works for me.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They tried to take my unlimited data. They thought that I was going to give them the 928 that I paid full price for in June. I could have up to 450 added to my bill so I paid the rest at the store and will have it paid off by the time it comes due.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This is why I take advantage of best buys 18 month no interest. Since I have to pay full price to keep unlimited data, I can usually sell my old phone and then it is just about the same I shell out of pocket as I would if I had an upgrade, and I get to keep my unlimited data, plus don't have to deal with verizon reps lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss