How did you setup your Lumia Icon start screen?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
How'd you get the tiles to turn black? That's awesome!

Settings
Ease of Access - then turn on High Contrast

It doesn't turn "all" of your tiles black. For example OneNote and OneDrive stay their normal blue and purple.

You can also go to themes after your turn on the High Contrast and change your background to light. That one looks pretty cool too.

Last edited:

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
really hope that rumor to set the 3 row screen on other phones is true. I wish my 1020 had this, the biggest thing I miss from the 1520.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't you guys have trouble reaching the top row of icons? For me since I use my phone and texts so much they seem easier to access down low.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't you guys have trouble reaching the top row of icons? For me since I use my phone and texts so much they seem easier to access down low.

I guess it all depends on how you are holding the phone but I don't have any problems reaching the top row of small icons on mine. The way I hold it when doing so it with the back of the phone cradled across my fingers as opposed to the palm. I think that makes the difference in giving my thumb more reach for one handed operation.

Of course a lot of the time I use my phone two handed anyhow so it is even less of a concern or issue then.

*Edit - With that said, I did consider putting all my account icons more towards the middle of the screen. But I didn't like that as much from a visual and organizational standpoint. For me at least it's arranged in a way that gives me all the standard information I need in as natural way as possible. Just seems like I naturally look at the top of the screen first so I can quickly see my main accounts there. Then scanning down goes to calendar and weather. After that it's social stuff and media. Then my to-do lists. Then photos and games.

Which I think it's interesting to see if by looking at people's start screens you can determine where their priorities lie. Sometimes when you look at a person's start screen that's very clear... other times it's hard to easily make heads or tails of it! haha

But that's the great thing about it... it's all up to the individual user and what works for them! :)

Last edited:

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn't setup mine yet because I will get the Lumia Icon in a month, however I been playing with the setup of the home screen using the same programs from my current HTC 8X and make the new alignments to the columns.
I prefer the light background and Cyan color for tiles.
To change the colors of some tiles I'm using the app "Cool Tiles" (whatsapp, iexplorer, app store), to make the groups I'm using "Group Tiles", for some apps I'm using the app called "WebApps", some other things like music I'm pining some of my albums and Pandora stations. (for the Photography section currently I don't have Camera apps from Nokia), I have more sections called "Outdoors", "Work", "Tools & More" not showed in this picture.
Here is the a picture with sections:
WP home screen apps migration to Icon (2).jpg
Here is the Home Screen section:
WP home screen apps migration to Icon (4).png

Last edited:

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
1hG418v

New to WP, so I have been trying to get this comfortable... a work in progress, but much thanks to TheArcaneFlame for showing me a better way...

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
This is mine, loving the small icons now, so much more on the screen!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140223_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140223_0001.png
    733.9 KB · Views: 34

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't setup mine yet because I will get the Lumia Icon in a month, however I been playing with the setup of the home screen using the same programs from my current HTC 8X and make the new alignments to the columns.
I prefer the light background and Cyan color for tiles.
To change the colors of some tiles I'm using the app "Cool Tiles" (whatsapp, iexplorer, app store), to make the groups I'm using "Group Tiles", for some apps I'm using the app called "WebApps", some other things like music I'm pining some of my albums and Pandora stations. (for the Photography section currently I don't have Camera apps from Nokia), I have more sections called "Outdoors", "Work", "Tools & More" not showed in this picture.
Here is the a picture with sections:
View attachment 57682
Here is the Home Screen section:
View attachment 57704

The weather app is sick. What the app it is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte