No Double Tap to Wake?

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So I guess it's true the Icon does not support double tap to wake? I can't find the option anywhere in settings. If anyone has gotten it working please tell us how...

Thanks,
Richard

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way at least to have the screen on while charging? Like a low-power mode? Anyone have a recommendation for a nightstand alarm clock app? For use with the new wireless charging stand?

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way at least to have the screen on while charging? Like a low-power mode? Anyone have a recommendation for a nightstand alarm clock app? For use with the new wireless charging stand?

there is one built in. Be sure to use NFC which is in the standing charger to activate.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
What??? First I used to read that there is no Glance screen for the Icon. Now there is no double tap to wake too ? If this happens to be true it seriously sucks !! The lowest end phone that is L525 has this feature so it is expected to be there in all higher end phones.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I knew that glance would not be present but I really thought double tap to wake would be there..... Lol my 822,928, and lgg2 all have me spoiled with this feature. I honestly may be returning the icon and don't even have it yet. :sad face:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love double-tap to wake. But I think I will be okay without it on the icon, mostly cause I really like the way the buttons on the icon feel compared to other phones I've had.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Having the power button mixed into the right side with all the other buttons is a bad design. I would have preferred the button to be on the top all by itself so there is no confusion which button to press for power. I guess users will get used to the buttons but without double tap to wake it makes the design even worse.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Having the power button mixed into the right side with all the other button is a bad design. I would have preferred the button to be on the top all by itself so there is no confusion which button to press for power. I guess users will get used to which button to press but without double tap to wake it makes the design even worse.

From using the 928, that button positioning ended up not being a problem at all. I got used to it real fast, my thumb eventually learned where to go first for the power button. Even then, the volume rocker is longer than the power button, so it's easy to distinguish between the two by touching them.

Still, I want double-tap and Glance. :cry:

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Having the power button mixed into the right side with all the other buttons is a bad design. I would have preferred the button to be on the top all by itself so there is no confusion which button to press for power. I guess users will get used to the buttons but without double tap to wake it makes the design even worse.

The power button is in a natural position where your thumb is when you pick up the phone.. It is pretty easy to get used to.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Putting the Icon into my car holder what a mess, power button is completely covered. Nokia --- we need double tap!!!

vinoth kumar17

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
i am using lumia 630 and i didn't got my double tap update for my phone even after changing my location to u.s.a
what should i do to get that???????????????????????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss