2.5GB of Settings!

A7500

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My wife's Lumia 620 shows over 2GB of settings in Storage Check, in contrast to my Lumia 822, which hovers just above 130MB. Any idea what this little 620 is cooking?

A7500

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No, I mean the Settings. Storage Check - Details - Apps - Details, bottom of the list Settings. I bought the 620 may be 2 months after I bought the 822. I checked the storage after I got the Storage Check update so may be it is just a no reporting the correct figures.....but can't say since I never checked the storage before I installed the update.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
you are fine....thought that other 1.6GB, in my case 1.4GB, freaks me out. does anybody know how to clear that?

mostly consists of your cached IE data. Clear it in IE settings and it'll get reduced significantly :)
EDIT: may take up considerable time depending on your usage of IE.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have. A while back I installed the trial of a large game. Tried it, then removed it. Before I tried it I had a small amount of 'settings' data. Afterwards it was massive, and did not clear on removing the game. Had to hard reset to recover. It seems some apps reserve massive amounts of 'settings' space and then don't release it even after being removed! Best advice is to hard reset, and then avoid poorly written apps.

Watch out when 8.1 arrives. Currently only a small amount of settings data is backed up by the phone automatically. Come 8.1 it is said that ALL app settings will be backed up. If your phone suddenly starts regularly chewing through a gig or two every time it decides to auto-backup your 'settings' you'll burn through your data plan in no time at all.

Anand Ramabhadran

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have d same issue... My L620 is developer unlocked and i deployed asphalt! But this app, neither its data is shown in storage settings! Later i noticed it is shown as memory for settings! I guess u have d same prob! Clear d apps u have deployed, if its dev unlocked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99