Help: Covering scratches on L925's anodised aluminum body

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everyone. Does anyone know of ways to cover up scratches on L925's aluminum body? The answer to this one is looking grim as I don't know if there is a way, but some of you might know.

P.S. I used to have phone cases for it, but I stopped using them over Wireless cases. I have wireless charging docks on various places on my house, and bring a DT-601 to college so I could charge wirelessly. Really loving it! So for those of you who are about to say "Just get a cover" well here's my reason why not :p

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh I forgot to mention that as well. I tried doing that, but my covers are too thick for Wireless charging to start. It didn't work for my rubber case and definitely didn't work for my Incipio flip case.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh I forgot to mention that as well. I tried doing that, but my covers are too thick for Wireless charging to start. It didn't work for my rubber case and definitely didn't work for my Incipio flip case.

In that case then just remove the wireless charging coil from the wireless charging cover and put it in between the back of the phone and the cover your using.

How thick are the covers your using because I did the wireless charging mod and it works just fine with the cover on. Plus I also got a friend to put a charger imbedded in my bedside table and also in the coffee table in our living room and the phone charges just fine.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
My gel silicone isn't really that thick. Here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2369389

I was able to squeeze it in, but as I said, it doesn't charge when I leave it on the charging pad.

As for my premium case, it was a hard plastic, so I couldn't squeeze the part in the cover. It's by tech21.

Can I know what case you got for your Lumia 925? I might just get it for myself and put the part in the case.

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My gel silicone isn't really that thick. Here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2369415

I was able to squeeze it in, but as I said, it doesn't charge when I leave it on the charging pad.

As for my premium case, it was a hard plastic, so I couldn't squeeze the part in the cover. It's by tech21.

Can I know what case you got for your Lumia 925? I might just get it for myself and put the part in the case.

this sounds like the coil or wiring is wrong. Qi charging can go through a considerable distance

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My gel silicone isn't really that thick. Here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2369454

What I mean is don't do the charging mod that the rest of is have done but instead put the wireless charging coil in between the phones back cover and the gel cover that you gave the link to.

I done the mod where I took the back cover off the phone and put the coil inside the phone so basically it charges now with nothing on the phone.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's what I did. I just removed the wireless charging part from the wireless covers and tried squeezing it in between the gel cover and the back of the phone.I'm too scared to open up the phone and do the mod further anyway. It just doesn't start charging. I am pretty sure the pins are making contact to the dots on the phone, so I really don't understand why it isn't charging when I do so.

Maybe I should get a new wireless charging case and use that one. My current one may be weak.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Update: I tried doing it again. It doesn't charge but I noticed that the light sensor on the wireless charging pad lights up, so it means that it detects the wireless charger in my gel case. So I just secured the 3 pins further, and now it charges.

Great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital