Sync to Desktop

Jaxtron

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Icon yesterday and it is my first WP so it is taking some getting used to, coming from Android.

My main question at this point is the ability to automatically sync pictures to my desktop. My last phone was a Motorola Razr Maxx which automatically downloaded all photos I took to my desktop as soon as it connected to my wifi. Is there an option similar with the WP8? I have Google Drive and just set up One Drive but I would rather have it hit my wifi to copy files down locally. I know I can do it manually but I like not having to worry about it.

Thanks for any suggestions and what a nice, helpful, polite forum you have here.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I think there is some apps that will sync your photos with wi-fi. Don't know the names off hand. The link above will sync with a cable and does a good job, especially if you are on Win8.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I think there is some apps that will sync your photos with wi-fi. Don't know the names off hand. The link above will sync with a cable and does a good job, especially if you are on Win8.

Uh... SkyDrive? OneDrive? It's integrated solution and it works GREAT if you have Windows 8

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
II agree OneDrive is awesome. But the op wanted some way to download directly to his computer. Does someone know an app that downloads with the local WiFi?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
II agree OneDrive is awesome. But the op wanted some way to download directly to his computer. Does someone know an app that downloads with the local WiFi?

ahhhh...sorry...missed that. I guess I always just think of the cloud as being my computer as I access it so often and wifi is so ubiquitous.

Jaxtron

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I have OneDrive setup and enabled backup to it so my photos are now getting uploaded and I have installed the Windows Phone app and the sync is pulling photos from my phone to my pc now but it doesn't want to copy the high quality versions. Looking at the notes in the "What gets backed up" best quality will only get photos that are 10 mp or smaller so I understand why that wouldn't back up to the OneDrive (even using wifi) but not sure why the sync of the desktop app would do the same thing unless the app also looks at the backup settings on the phone and only goes up to 10mp also (which sounds odd being connected with a USB). The document also states anything larger has to be manually copied with Explorer so sounds like it is just a shortcoming I will have to be aware up.

Thanks again for the help and I am sure I will be posting a few more questions before I get it figured out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6