Nokia Lumia Icon or 928?

dalascby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes you could have upgraded, I have Verizon's unlimited data plan too. I just upgraded my 928 (with a broken screen) with the Icon. They also have a "Device Payment Plan" (different than the Edge plan) that will split the cost into 12 monthly payments. I was one of those who just by looking at reviews on the web thought that the Icon looked too plain, boy was I wrong. The white one in particular is one of the most handsome phones on the market (first time I ever bought a white phone instead of black). And oh yeah, you get to keep your unlimited plan.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well just returned my second icon. Repeated dropped calls, I mean in the neighborhood of 5/6 a day, even when they didn't drop, the sound was more often muffled or garbled at best. Unfortunately VZW refused to not charge me a restock fee and wouldn't allow me to move to a different phone. So after being a loyal customer for 7 years, that was that. Went out and got the 1520 and am now back on ATT (mixed feelings about that)

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Strange.. I've yet to have a dropped call and I've had it since launch day. Also my calls are nice and clear. Sorry you felt you had to leave for AT&T. Good luck.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe AT&T just has better coverage in his area. Hope you're happy with the 1520, that also looks like a great phone.

I couldn't go back to the 928 after owning the Icon. Initially I was a bit disappointed with the low light photos without flash, but once I learned how to compensate, I have no complaints about the phone other than the tiny speaker on the back.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Much better experience so far. I am pretty much committed to the windows phone platform now and am enjoying it. Looking forward to WP 8.1 and the ability to install apps to microsd

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the icon. I like it. The only draw back is that there is no glance. Such a simple feature, but my off screen looks so empty without it. POR QUE!

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If it weren't for the 20MP camera I would still be using my 928. (I take a lot of distance photos/videos and need the zoom.) I miss Glance terribly, and it won't ever come to the Icon. I would have paid another $50-100 for an Icon with Glance.

Low-light photos were better on the 928, and I liked the smaller size in my hand (Icon is a wee bit big for me).

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Here is my two cents. I have used Samsung phones the a few years and wanted to move to a Windows Phone. Got the Icon last week and really like the phone itself and am learning Win 8. Problems came about when I kept losing WiFi and it took a while to reconnect when I came home after being out on errands and such. Also, cannot get it to connect to Bluetooth with my Alpine unit (three plus years old) or my wife's 2013 Escalade. Been on the phone the last two days with Alpine and Verizon without any success. Verizon now wants me to take a warranty replacement and will let me switch to Samsung 5 for the upgrade rate. Icon was $0 upgrade. Again, I really like the Icon/Windows phone and am frustrated with the inability to connect or stay connected to common devices. Anyone else having trouble with Windows Phones with same issues?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
But will the 928 have the same issues with BT and WiFi? Been on the market longer but I still don't know if these issues exist.

Thanks for your reply.

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I do understand the Icon is superior. That is why I bought it. But if it cannot connect to BT, then I have no use for it. Now I am wondering if the 928 will have similar issues. Trust me, I want to keep the Icon but only if it works with my other devices.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I do understand the Icon is superior. That is why I bought it. But if it cannot connect to BT, then I have no use for it. Now I am wondering if the 928 will have similar issues. Trust me, I want to keep the Icon but only if it works with my other devices.

I haven't had any problems with either. Check with Cadillac for the Escalade they may have an update for your infotainment system. Verizon would be worthless to talk to about this. Also, the issue may not be the phone per see. It's a combination of the infotainment system and the phone type. Most vehicle infotainment systems are tested with Android and iOS devices, but not so much with Windows Phone devices.

I had a similar issue with my Equinox. Between Chevy updating my infotainment software and updating the phone to WP8.1, most of my issues were resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte