ICON and Surface 2

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.. i got mine connected to my Nokia 2520 to enable Internet tethering.

Are you talking using bluetooth for file transfer or something?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've never had any Windows phone establish and hold a BT connection with a Windows 8 device. It only seems to work when you use the taskbar icon to send or receive files or with the tethering feature in GDR3 and 8.1. Starring a connection via NFC also works for initiating a transfer but other than that it always pairs then disconnects.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do with it? Mine disconnects pretty quickly but if I right click on a file and"send to Bluetooth" it works. I assume its terminating the session because you aren't actually doing anything

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't connect to my SP2, either. My Bluetooth mouse has no problems. I am just try to transfer photos.

wp_ss_20140224_0001[1].png

Edit: I found the solution here.

This seems so Windows XP, I never dreamed we still had to go through this.

To send files via Bluetooth, please do the following:
1. Open the Desktop app on your Surface.
2. Click on the Bluetooth icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Click on Receive a File.
4. On your Windows Phone, open the file you wish to send.
5. Click on Share.
6. Click on Bluetooth.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried connecting an Icon to my surface rt via usb and it didn't know how to connect. Maybe rt doesn't have the correct drivers yet.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the original Surface RT and it connects via USB to my ICON as well.

Make sure you have the Windows Phone App even though you shouldn't need it. Also your settings may be setup to "do nothing" when you connect that device.

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The reason they don't stay connected is because they both see each other as mobile devices. Mobile devices do not allow streaming to each other only file sharing. Accessing it through the desktop as suggested is the only way you will be able to transfer files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss