Nokia 1020 Roger or Telus

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am part of the DVLUP program, I have enough points to get a Lumia 1020, that is locked to Rogers or Telus. I want to unlock it and go to Wind/Mobilicity, which of the 2 would work on that network? I think the Rogers one will but not sure about Telus one.

Also I need it unlocked, I hear Telus unlocked costs $35 which is cheaper than Rogers @ $50, I guess you can go third party as well but unless it is alot cheaper I might go and get it done from them, I am kinda scared it will break my phone if it is the wrong code.

But that leads to the question if Telus or Rogers would do it as I am not a customer.

crtc states

to have your phone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid in full for your phone

not sure how I am account for, if I have to wait 90days or what.

Gilbert Marcoux

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from Rogers, unlocked it via ebay for $20. I can confirm that it is pentaband as many T-Mobile Users in the states use it for this reason.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from Rogers, unlocked it via ebay for $20. I can confirm that it is pentaband as many T-Mobile Users in the states use it for this reason.

cool, when did you get your from rogers? I guess it is unlikely they would switch there stock with a non penaband version all of sudden right? As I said I am not sure how old the stock is from the DVLUP program.

Also do you still have that seller from ebay? I never unlocked a phone before, kinda worried as I read that you get 3 attempts and that is it.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Rogers 1020 the week of release (Oct 2013) and unlocked it through cellunlocker.net for $8. Took about 16 hours to recieve the code, which was longer than their estimated wait time but worked perfect and the price was right. I'm using it on SaskTel with no issues. Pretty sure all units Rogers received would be pentaband.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Rogers 1020 the week of release (Oct 2013) and unlocked it through cellunlocker.net for $8. Took about 16 hours to recieve the code, which was longer than their estimated wait time but worked perfect and the price was right. I'm using it on SaskTel with no issues. Pretty sure all units Rogers received would be pentaband.

cool, I hope that is the case. Is SaskTel like winds(ie if it works on SaskTel it will work on wind?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster