925 battery replacement question

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 521 on T-Mobile and am thinking about buying a 925 since new ones are down to the ~$250s at some stores. But my one concern is the eventual cost of battery replacement. Nokia says to send/take the phone in but their parts and labor rates are not cheap. Are there cheaper alternatives other than DIY? I believe you can buy a battery itself for less on the web. And if DIY is the only alternative, does anyone have a link for instructions/video? I found one video for a complete disassemble of the phone but would want something just for battery replacement and would need something that covered the "gotchas", not just a silent film of an expert tearing the phone apart.

I'd rather have a 5" screen and would probably hold out for an iconized version of a 1320 but guess that's not any time soon and even longer for the US.

TIA

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My question would be, how long do you plan on keeping this phone, before you get something else? Under normal use, the battery should reach 80% of it's original capacity AFTER the three year mark. It's been a LONG time since I've had to buy a battery for a phone (trading up every other year) for a purpose of replacing a failed battery, as opposed to having a spare.

My iPhone 3g has just now reached it's 80% mark, and that is now over 4 or 5 years old now. My 3yr old Epic 4g is down to 93%, so should have a few more years to its stock battery.

Basically, cross that bridge when or even IF you come to it :)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My question would be, how long do you plan on keeping this phone, before you get something else? Under normal use, the battery should reach 80% of it's original capacity AFTER the three year mark. It's been a LONG time since I've had to buy a battery for a phone (trading up every other year) for a purpose of replacing a failed battery, as opposed to having a spare.

My iPhone 3g has just now reached it's 80% mark, and that is now over 4 or 5 years old now. My 3yr old Epic 4g is down to 93%, so should have a few more years to its stock battery.

Basically, cross that bridge when or even IF you come to it :)
Thanks!

~3 years would be longer than needed. Are you (or anyone) saying that is likely with a 925? I assumed that battery quality and loads would be factors and that I would not know them ahead of time since the phones aren't that old. I remember replacing batteries on numerous feature phones in less than a year.

And since you mentioned having spares, is that 3 year estimate based on swapping 2 or more batteries and therefore at most half that amount of time if just one was used?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon