lumia 1020 sync/recognition issues with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

infamousj012

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I'm not new to WP but just came back since I flashed windows 6.1 beta- its been awhile, anywho-
I recently purchased a Lumia 1020 and I know its a dinosaur, but have windows xp(which IS still supposed to be supported by Microsoft until April 8th, 2014-) anyways, I have scavenged the Nokia and Microsoft home-site forums and searched the internet endlessly (5hrs today alone) for a solution with no luck..

everytime I connect my phone, it says there's a Nokia driver available but it isn't able to download. I have updated to sp3 and updated wmp to 11 with no luck, and went as far as trying to manually find the driver and install it myself but felt hesitant when my computer told me it could cease my computers function ability or it working at all if I installed the wrong one. I'm at my wits end with this thing, I downgraded from a Droid bionic to an old blackberry curve just to get my music- this is by far my favorite phone to date, aside from this issue- PLEASE someone help and don't just tell me to get a new computer/os if I had the money to do that I obviously would, I don't need a new computer when all my work and personal operations are handled on my ppc .. Thank you in advance and if anyone has a link to a thread that isn't the same solutions I listed I'll gladly be redirected IF it works.

Thanks again for just taking the time to read this!

Jake- from a state with farms.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was using Xp with my WP so I know you can get it working.

First thing I would do is go into Programs and uninstall any existing Nokia driver that might be in there. Remove Nokia Suite if you have it. Second go into Device Manager and remove anything to do with WP so you can start fresh. After doing both of those I would recommend doing a restart.

Next, make sure that the USB port your using is not shared with another USB device. This can sometimes cause conflicts with installing the driver so if the port is shared remove the other device while setting up if you have no other port to use.

When you connect your phone to the computer ensure it is unlocked and keep it that way. Let the computer do what it has to, don't rush, it will take time. (I noticed people tend to think things install quickly for some reason) If an error comes up saying it can't find a driver, get it to do a search on the internet to find it. It will find it. Obviously ensure you're connected to the internet.

I know you're saying that Xp is supported until April this year but that has nothing to do with your issue. When you are able I would recommend getting a new OS though or computer. I recommend getting W8 as it should run well on an older machine as long as you can get the drivers for everything. I believe there's a check program that MS has that you can use.

Anyway, good luck and let me know if things go well.

infamousj012

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
about to put in the work and try it again, wiped the comp if all recognized nokia/wp drivers and I'm gonna do the things you said, as well as making sure the cord is plugged into the cord before the computer is something I've read has also caused issues for some reason, thank you and I'll let you know soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb