Use my Lumia as a Bluetooth speaker

TheCuckoo

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to use my Lumina 1020 as a Bluetooth speaker? The reason being I want to be able to plug it into my speaker system, and use it as a receiver for my PC laptops music. There must be a way/app to do this. I don't want to have to fork out for Bluetooth speakers, and using long audio wires to connect directly are just a pain.

I'm using windows 7 on my PC.

Thank you most sincerely if you're able to help.

Will

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Use my Lumina as a Bluetooth speaker

I don't know the answer to the question but it is not Lumina, it is LUMIA 1020

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
LOL both of you are wrong,it is not "Lumina" 1020 nor is it Lumia "920". ;) It's LUMIA 1020.Good try though guys. ;) xD
Edit:-sorry bro,but I dont know the answer.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is a way to use my Lumina 1020 as a Bluetooth speaker? The reason being I want to be able to plug it into my speaker system, and use it as a receiver for my PC laptops music. There must be a way/app to do this. I don't want to have to fork out for Bluetooth speakers, and using long audio wires to connect directly are just a pain.
I'm using windows 7 on my PC.
Thank you most sincerely if you're able to help.
Will

The bluetooth profile for stereo audio is A2DP. The phone will transmit this but not receive.
You don't have to get bluetooth speakers to do what you want. All you need is one of the small BT A2DP receivers. These will receive BT stereo and the output is to a 3.5mm stereo connector that can plug into audio systems. You can get a decent one for less than $15. The difference between them is how they are charged.
I have two in use. One for the house and one for the car.
Amazon.com: bluetooth a2dp 3.5

edit: With content on your PC it does not have to be in BT range, just WiFi range . Use an app like" my MediaHub " on your phone and pair your phone to the BT stereo reciver.

Last edited:

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
LOL both of you are wrong,it is not "Lumina" 1020 nor is it Lumia "920". ;) It's LUMIA 1020.Good try though guys. ;) xD
Edit:-sorry bro,but I dont know the answer.

It's just that I have a 920.. So it's got a quite habitual for me to write 920 right after Lumia.. I love my 920 a lot.. Maybe that's why!!! :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit