Wireless Charging Issue Fixed! (I Think)

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I used to charge my Nokia 928 next to my bed using my wireless charger. Sometime back (I believe it was after the Amber update), it would, for no reason, ding and light up in the middle of the night. At first I thought someone was sending me a text message, but there was none to be found. There was no real consistency either in terms of when it would happen. Some nights it would wake me up 2 or 3 times. I finally came to the realization that what was happening is that the phone would come to a full charge and the charger would turn off. Over time the charge would dissipate and the charger would then come back on. When it did so, the phone would ding and light up, just like it does when you first place it on the charger. Consequently, I gave up on charging wirelessly.

Thankfully, the Black update seems to have fixed the issue. I have been using my wireless charger for about a week now with no issues. Life is good again!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to charge my Nokia 928 next to my bed using my wireless charger. Sometime back (I believe it was after the Amber update), it would, for no reason, ding and light up in the middle of the night. At first I thought someone was sending me a text message, but there was none to be found. There was no real consistency either in terms of when it would happen. Some nights it would wake me up 2 or 3 times. I finally came to the realization that what was happening is that the phone would come to a full charge and the charger would turn off. Over time the charge would dissipate and the charger would then come back on. When it did so, the phone would ding and light up, just like it does when you first place it on the charger. Consequently, I gave up on charging wirelessly.

Thankfully, the Black update seems to have fixed the issue. I have been using my wireless charger for about a week now with no issues. Life is good again!

Hmmm, my 920 doesn't wake me up at night so I can't really tell from that, but I do wirelessly charge my phone during the day at my computer desk. I've noticed maybe 1 of 3 times when it is near 100% it will ding, but I don't notice it every time. It could be that it doesn't do it every time or just that I miss it. I haven't noticed a change after the Black update though.

So I can neither confirm nor deny your statements, haha.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, tried to take note of it today...it beeped twice at me while charging on my desk. I put it on the charger at 41%, it beeped again at 58% and just now at 74%

I have no idea......haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss