SO! to 1520 owners, after months with the phone, do u enjoy?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well kept losing WiFi even after hard resets but att gonna send me new one but other than that... Size took a bit to get used to. Very fast.my poor 920 looks like a toy now....im miss the little guy!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am very happy with my 1520. For a long time I waited for a large screen Windows Phone. I jumped around trying device after device. I had a 920/iPhone 5/LGOGP/HTC one/1020/Note 3/iPhone 5s/925. All in 3 months before the 1520 launch. I have no desire to change devices again because there is nothing better on the market right now. At least nothing better for my needs.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Love mine. Couldn't imagine going back. As paul stated my 920 is like a toy now when I pick it up. And, oddly enough, my 920 feels like a brick and the 1520 feels light and nimble. I'm even getting pretty good at one hand texting.

This is my phone and it will take a pretty nice phone to come out to make me want to change.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my 1520. For a long time I waited for a large screen Windows Phone. I jumped around trying device after device. I had a 920/iPhone 5/LGOGP/HTC one/1020/Note 3/iPhone 5s/925. All in 3 months before the 1520 launch. I have no desire to change devices again because there is nothing better on the market right now. At least nothing better for my needs.

:grincry::grincry::shocked::shocked:
you've helped me with my decision!
i had galaxy s1/3/lumia 920 and now htc one
i had mess thoughts what to buy or if to buy 1520.. my brain almost exploded..
now i know that i will buy 1520! :cool:

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've just gotten the 32gig model of the ATT 1520 to replace my original 16gig model, and I have the option of using a Blackberry Z30. I have used virtually every Blackberry released since their first color screen phones, back in the old trackwheel days. As loyal as I am to Blackberry, I am that hooked on the 1529 screen size. I have been pleasantly surprised by the frequency of app updates with WP, and am looking forward to the 8.1. The size took some getting used to but once I figured out how to get it to work with my car mount, there's been no turning back. I use my 1520 and my Z30 every day, but I use my 1520 much more. It has also cut into my use of my other devices, like my desktop and Surface Pro. There was a lot of initial griping about the 16 versus 32 gig issue, and the size and the lack of wireless charging. I'd get the 32 gig because there seems to be more apps available every day and why not? As for the wireless charging issue, you can get a PMA charging cover from Incipio that does add considerable bulk (I couldn't get over how slim and sleek the 32gig 1520 was with its original case, compared to the charging cover, but that cover does add increased drop protection. A lot of people lost their spit over PMA because they were previously sold on Qi, to the point where they were cannibalizing other cases and grafting Qi elements into their 1520's. But the plain fact is that PMA works fine. I do wish they would release a back cover with the charging plate integrated. I've had no problems with installing apps, dropped calls, wifi, Bluetooth or random reboots. The 1520 is steady, stable and powerful.

Anyone considering a 1520 owes it to themselves to go and see and handle the device. It is that much bigger than other smartphones. But you get used to it. It does sometimes draw comments but really no snickering. When they were first released some people I met were amused by its size but in 2 seconds I could show them an expanded text email, a pdf or a video and they would "get it".

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Two months of using it and yes, I still love it. Gotta admit I initially had data issues but nokia replaced it with a new one and since then I'm enjoying it day in, day out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Two months of using it and yes, I still love it. Gotta admit I initially had data issues but nokia replaced it with a new one and since then I'm enjoying it day in, day out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
what kind if data issues? If I may inquire.

I have had my 1520 since December and I LOVE IT! It is by far my most favorite phone I have ever owned. And I am what one would call a phone w*hore

TonyF64

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have two issues, otherwise I really like it. The size took me about a month for me to adjust. I have the PMA charging shell that I feels and looks fine, but as someone else said it adds bulk. And it only comes in black which sucks if your phone is any other color.
Issue 1. The screen sensitivity issue that everyone else has. Issue 2. I find brightness when set to auto is way to dim in a dark room. It is good the rest of the time. I seem to be the only one that has this issue so it could be either my device or just me.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
what kind if data issues? If I may inquire.

I have had my 1520 since December and I LOVE IT! It is by far my most favorite phone I have ever owned. And I am what one would call a phone w*hore

my data speed was like the graphs of a heart rate monitor. goes up and down and up and down. thought it was a network issue so i called the network. there weren't any issues with them. i took out the sim card and placed it in an adaptor so i could put it in my 925. when i did that it was giving me constant lte. brought it back to the 1520 and it was going up and down again. called nokia. unit replaced. now i'm good.

Khang Ngo2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Love mine, battery life... and it's simplicity is just great. Love watching videos on this phone compare to my note. Still wishing that home screen and lock screen have horizontal orientation and the music app as well. Beside from that, everything else is amazing.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
1 month with no single randoom reboot. Except for the accidental taps(screen sensitivity)when swipping in homescreen which will launch apps, I am happy with my purchase.

Last edited:

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Have had it for a couple of months now. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no way I'm going back to a smaller phone! The phone has been almost flawless, except for the screen sensitivity issue and sub-par photos in low light (compared to my previous 920).

Cannot wait to have 8.1 on this monster!

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Still wishing that home screen and lock screen have horizontal orientation and the music app as well. Beside from that, everything else is amazing.

That's what i'm wishing too. It sucks when using app on landscape mode and then need to go home screen or use multi task window. Only gripe for me at the moment, everything else is great.

Hopefully 8.1 brings some ease on that.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Best phone i ever had. I have the international version here in the philippines with 32gb + micro sd and wireless charging. The battery is great. The screen is amazing. It just took me a day to adjust to its size. My 920 feels like a toy now. My only complaints are the screen super sensitivity and noisy low light images. Both are correctable with future updates. I hope wp8.1 takes advantage of its size and give it some muti-window functionality.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I love mine. I can't think of anything I don't like about the 1520. I am still waiting for some apps but that has nothing to do with the phone.

Avro504

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Had mine a month now, like it very much, but then I have moved up from s60 symbian OS. Everything seems to work very smoothly, I'm guessing the quadcore processor is the reason there's no laggyness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo