Not able to save contacts to SIM card

1020 sim bug

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I am not able to save contacts to the SIM card on the phone? I don't use hotmail and I don't use gmail. I just want to use the SIM card, is this possible on the Nokia 1020 without setting up any e-mail?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to save contacts to the SIM card on the phone? I don't use hotmail and I don't use gmail. I just want to use the SIM card, is this possible on the Nokia 1020 without setting up any e-mail?

You have to (highly suggested at least) set up a 'hotmail' (Microsoft) account when you set up the phone. Even if you don't use the email address to receive emails (like me, I NEVER check it) you can still use it as your address book and calendar.

SIM cards can be lost or stolen all the time and then you have to go through the annoying process of sending out the "I lost/changed my number, send me your digits!" Just put them into your microsoft account and rejoice in the time the cloud will save you!

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Acually, you can. The problem is that this feature is enabled by a registry value, and that value is missing by default for some reason. I know this doesn't help you much (because there's no interop unlock for Lumias yet, which is needed for changing the registry), but at least now you know that the feature is there, but MS decided to hide it. :/

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Go set up a Microsoft account, its far better than having contacts stored on phone or sim cards imo. I used to hate the idea while on androids too, but how Windows Phone 8 does it is perfect.

Acually, you can. The problem is that this feature is enabled by a registry value, and that value is missing by default for some reason. I know this doesn't help you much (because there's no interop unlock for Lumias yet, which is needed for changing the registry), but at least now you know that the feature is there, but MS decided to hide it. :/

So actually we can't, at least that's what WP8 maker MS decided.

1020 sim bug

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I can clearly understand the arguments for using hotmail, google or whatever.

But the problem is that I have about 300 business contacts on my google account, and I only want to see the 30 contacts that I call the most. When I setup a filter saying that the phone should not show contacts from the google account, I don't even get to see the SIM card contacts. So for now I have reset the phone, and I didn't setup my google account.

I need the SIM card contacts + my google calender, which is impossible for now....

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
There's sort of a remedy coming in 8.1, you can set it to show only contacts with numbers. So if you have a bunch of contacts but only few have phone numbers, the rest can be hidden, no matter what account they're from.

But if you actually have contacts on the SIM, there should be a "SIM" option listed.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Here is an idea...

​What you would have to do is when you sync your Google account for the calendar; first thing it is going to do is automatically link all your contacts that have a same name to someone already on your phone. I think what you could do is then go through the 30 people you want, "UNLINK" the Gmail and SIM accounts...and then when you filter them it won't filter/hide all their SIM data.

I'd test it first though...add a contact to your MS account so that it links with that contact on the SIM...then unlink that contact and 'hide' the MS Account Contacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa