General T-Mobile 925 Questions/Advice

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My 925 just arrived from Newegg this afternoon, as did the red wireless charging cover I ordered from Amazon. I'm currently running what I hope is the final and most recent update of Black.

I can't speak on Wi-Fi calling because this is my first T-Mobile phone to have it. My last phone was a Rogers 920 which I still love (I actually think I prefer its screen to the 925's). Might switch my SIM between the two phones. We'll see.

I don't think I'm going to attempt to use a case with the charging cover. I had a ***** of a time removing the cover earlier. Ouch! I thought I was going to break it even though I removed it correctly.

Oh, and I have the Simple Choice plan with 500MB of data. I share a plan with my mother and our bill is $90 and change each month. Recently, my best friend said something about wanting to join in on my plan. That would bring us to having to pay even less between the three of us, which would be GREAT.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a couple of hours ago. Updated apps reinstalled contacts restored. Man is this thing slippery. I have to get a case on it right away!

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Nice! How much does the speed get slowed down to from LTE? I might go with the $50 plan, I think I can manage with 500mb being that I have access to WiFi at home, school, and work. I just don't want to be dependent on other internet resources outside of my home network, or my private data plan.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice! How much does the speed get slowed down to from LTE? I might go with the $50 plan, I think I can manage with 500mb being that I have access to WiFi at home, school, and work. I just don't want to be dependent on other internet resources outside of my home network, or my private data plan.

I have had the $50 plan and the 925 since August, and I've never come close my 500mb because I'm around wifi most of the time, so I can't tell you how much it slows down! I'd jsut be throwing away money if I had one of the more expensive plans. So if you have access to wifi, you should also be good to go with the 500mb plan.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a couple of hours ago. Updated apps reinstalled contacts restored. Man is this thing slippery. I have to get a case on it right away!

Yeah, I'm worried about using my 925 outside without an actual case on it. At the moment, I have the red wireless charging cover on it, but that's not very grippy either. It's funny because I had no qualms about carrying around my 810 with its charging cover. Hopefully, the case I ordered from Amazon will come with today's mail.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

You can switch the data to 4G or even 2G. I might just choose 2G for the times I'm out and want to stream music from Pandora, etc. from my phone to save battery life.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the throttle is down to 2G. I hardly ever go over but if I recall you will receive a text saying you hit cap and data will be throttled til end of billing cycle.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Update: I went in to T-Mobile today and asked the woman how much the simple choice $50 plan would be with taxes and fees, and she told me $65.56. That's $25 up from what I'm paying now. I can do without Wi-Fi calling if it's going to cost me $25 more a month. Simple Mobile just added LTE and has a 3GB plan for $50 without taxes....might be heading down that route.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Update: I went in to T-Mobile today and asked the woman how much the simple choice $50 plan would be with taxes and fees, and she told me $65.56. That's $25 up from what I'm paying now. I can do without Wi-Fi calling if it's going to cost me $25 more a month. Simple Mobile just added LTE and has a 3GB plan for $50 without taxes....might be heading down that route.

Wi-Fi calling would cost $25 more a month for you?! :shocked: I thought it was just a feature that was automatically in T-Mobile phones?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
1. Not sure as I don't have WiFi at home but it looks like it would work like a charm.
2. I have the $70 simple choice totally unlimited plan with jump and 2.5GB of tethering. In a couple weeks this plans pricing will raise to $80 and include 5GB tethering and international texting. LTE coverage may be dicey if you live in a town of less than 50,000 people so be aware of that.
3. Don't use these yet so I'm not sure.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Wi-Fi calling would cost $25 more a month for you?! :shocked: I thought it was just a feature that was automatically in T-Mobile phones?
It is included, but for me specifically it's the only difference between my simple mobile plan and the T-Mobile plan. It's also one of the main reasons I bought my Lumia 925 in the first place. I'm sticking with the simple mobile 3gb $50 pan for now..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa