Panorama built in or separate app needed?

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed in the store there's a Nokia panorama app. Does the Nokia Pro Cam have a panorama mode that I haven't seen or is this separate app my best bet for taking these types of photos?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You'll need the Nokia Panorama app. For some extra fun, check out Microsoft's Photosynth app, which stitches multiple views in two planes, rather than the single plane of the Panorama app.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia Panorama is... ok. I liked it a lot, until I used an iPhone and tried theirs. A much easier process that gives a much better panorama. But this gets the job done - it's still easy and it often does it without misaligning. There's a great deal of room for improvement, though, it has a 3 star rating in the app store for good reason.

Photosynth does cooler things, but is harder to share.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Nokia's panorama app is easy to use, but limited in what it can do. Photosynth is great if you have the patience for it to capture everything. :)

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, I tried both Nokia's and Microsoft's apps, and Photosynth is a lot easier to use. But both produce really low quality panoramas (compared to regular photos with the Icon). I guess it's the nature of what it's doing. The thumbnail looks great on the phone, but if you start zooming in its pretty rough looking quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss