Ativ S user

anon4276835

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Apart from used, I don't think anybody has any available in the UK anymore.

Glad I got mine for ?179.00 as well from Expanys at the beginning of January, 2014.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
But did you see the price!! ?350 for the cheapest new one (including delivery from Spain) up to ?483! I'm glad to have bought a couple from Expansys last month for ?179 ea. There must be somewhere in the EU that will sell cheaper ... didn't I see on another thread ref to 200 euros for a new phone?

I do love my Ativ S but bearing in mind it's been around a bit now I don't think I'd have paid much more than I did.

That said, Neo, you did find Ativ S's available in UK!

All the best.

Apart from used, I don't think anybody has any available in the UK anymore.

Glad I got mine for ?179.00 as well from Expanys at the beginning of January, 2014.

I would say that the cheapest Ativ S available now is in Ireland, O2 has a clearance option €199, if anyone has O2 number will benefit of 20% discount, as I did.
I think for €160 is not that bad, new and sealed.
With the interop unlocked and third column added, it is perfect phone.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems they are out of stock now!

Ativ S Special Offer

You are right, I did not see that, but yesterday was still available.
Just now I came beck from city center, checked the O2 shop, (basically I wanted to switch back to O2 to get one more phone with 20% discount, but did not work) guess what, Ativ S is back on shelves with the price of €499. Unbelievable, who is gonna pay these money?
Hopefully it will be back online soon.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You are right, I did not see that, but yesterday was still available.
Just now I came beck from city center, checked the O2 shop, (basically I wanted to switch back to O2 to get one more phone with 20% discount, but did not work) guess what, Ativ S is back on shelves with the price of €499. Unbelievable, who is gonna pay these money?
Hopefully it will be back online soon.

It's now out of stock again on the website and it looks like it was €199 not €499 ;-)

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Basically I purchased one from Amazon.uk, it was sold as, "used but in very good condition", for ?93, it was a good price, but unfortunately never arrived.
I do not know what happened but I got an email from Amazon saying that the phone is back to Amazon.
They did not want to send it back by tracking post, so I got the refund.
Second day, I checked the Amazon thinking that It will be back on sale with the same money, it was back, but with the price of ?169, not ?93, so I gave up.
Happy that I got it new from O2 and also cheap. :)
It is working perfect every since.
I would not pay, even €200 for this phone, €160 its OK. Not that is not worth, but I do not find the point paying 4-500 euros for a phone that could be gone or stolen second day.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking at the ATIV SE news story and, again, there's the same poisonous comments being posted by Lumia Hipsters on this website with the staff doing nothing about it yet again. I also noticed it's the same old rhetoric posted by them as well!!!

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at the ATIV SE news story and, again, there's the same poisonous comments being posted by Lumia Hipsters on this website with the staff doing nothing about it yet again. I also noticed it's the same old rhetoric posted by them as well!!!
It's hilarious. That story has like 400 comments and most of it is Samsung bashing. If it is not Nokia, they just have to let everyone know in the comments.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I read the article because I was interested to see if there was any new info on the phone specs. Against my better judgment I took a peek at the comments...same ugly trash talk from most of the same people. It's an embarrassment to WPCentral.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I read the article because I was interested to see if there was any new info on the phone specs. Against my better judgment I took a peek at the comments...same ugly trash talk from most of the same people. It's an embarrassment to WPCentral.

Yep, they are pretty much the most pathetic people on the face of the planet. Bashing a company for NOT being Nokia is as pathetic as it gets.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a certain amount of Nokia fanboyism here on WPCentral. It's unfortunate, but I think part of it is because to a certain degree it always felt like Nokia was the only manufacturer of Windows Phone handsets that seemed to be really committed to the platform. It's a shame that the Ativ S was not more readily available, my first WinPhone was the Samsung Focus. My dad had a Focus S. Overall, they were good phones. Samsung has a different style than Nokia, but their phones do some nice things. The screens are always good looking and big, in a thin body. It may not have the Nokia style, but they do something right, they're the biggest Android manufacturer by a mile.

If Samsung wanted to, they could improve their standing in the WP community by releasing more than a single token WP device at a time.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There is a certain amount of Nokia fanboyism here on WPCentral. It's unfortunate, but I think part of it is because to a certain degree it always felt like Nokia was the only manufacturer of Windows Phone handsets that seemed to be really committed to the platform. It's a shame that the Ativ S was not more readily available, my first WinPhone was the Samsung Focus. My dad had a Focus S. Overall, they were good phones. Samsung has a different style than Nokia, but their phones do some nice things. The screens are always good looking and big, in a thin body. It may not have the Nokia style, but they do something right, they're the biggest Android manufacturer by a mile.

If Samsung wanted to, they could improve their standing in the WP community by releasing more than a single token WP device at a time.

Maybe you should have a look at those comments on the ATIV SE article, it goes far beyond fanboyism and into the realm of fanaticism to the point of becoming a cult. They spout the same BS on EVERY article to do with Samsung and it's getting ridiculous. Even some Nokia users agree so it's not just Samsung owners.

I would rather have one WP device supported properly by Samsung than have them take the Android route of releasing hundreds of phones and barely supporting any of them!!

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you should have a look at those comments on the ATIV SE article, it goes far beyond fanboyism and into the realm of fanaticism to the point of becoming a cult. They spout the same BS on EVERY article to do with Samsung and it's getting ridiculous. Even some Nokia users agree so it's not just Samsung owners.

I would rather have one WP device supported properly by Samsung than have them take the Android route of releasing hundreds of phones and barely supporting any of them!!
I do love my Ativ S ... mostly because it delivers on the vast majority of its manufacturer's claims, but also because I find it attractive to hold and use ... even better when one puts the phone down, one does so with the confidence of knowing it won't (as it sits on the desk) look as though one has a major problem with sweaty hands!

I find it hard to say much more ... it's a good little phone and such a clever and powerful little portable computer ... I do find this site and its forums so useful in helping me get the most from what is a v sophisticated piece of kit.

I read the comments under the article on the SE and had two reactions ... first there are a lot of people out there (I guess, mostly young men?) with serious social insecurities ... I think we should feel actually quite sorry for them.

Being rather long in the tooth, I had another thought ... which is that with all the poverty and deprivation in this world, not forgetting the social injustices, I am amazed the current generation is expending so much energy on fussing about whether it has the right brand of mobile phone in its pockets!

Politicians in "democratic" countries have it so easy nowadays ... no longer do they need to worry about how the majority of their citizens will react to any given issue ... they can be absolutely sure that most people will be far more pre-occupied with whether they've bought the right mobile phone!

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Even on Samsung articles, the writers have to keep their Nokia audience entertained. Take a look at the similar questions Sam asked in these articles about leaked images of the ATIV SE:

"Is the ATIV SE with Windows Phone 8.1 something you’d interested in? Or are you holding out for other OEMs like Nokia?" from here; and: "Or would your rather skip this Samsung device altogether and wait for something from Nokia." from here.

The Nokia Icon is already available on Verizon - and is without a doubt the best Windows Phone device that they currently offer. Since the ATIV SE has not technically been announced yet, potential WP consumers on Verizon already have a strong choice for their next phone. Why, then, would users not interested in the ATIV SE skip out on this phone and wait out for yet another Nokia device when this phone and the Icon have similar specs? What would Lumia users have to wait for? If their intention is to promote Nokia, then I don't know why they wouldn't mention the Icon (which they should, since, well, Verizon isn't showing much love to Windows Phone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb