Any word on the Nokia Lumia 1520 Mini?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
the z1 compact is pretty much identical bar the screen size and battery to the z1 , like I say if you think about it why couldn't you put the 1520 into a 925 shell?? apart from the screen and battery its only a cpu and gpu upgrade a bit more ram the camera is taken care of by the hump anyways isn't it?

the only reason the 1520 is so big is for the screen and the superb battery you could easily trim it down and make a 1520 mini with the same cpu , the same gpu , the same ram , the same camera , a micro sd slot , wireless charging etc , even if they took wireless charging out a 1520 would be very very possible

the z1 has a camera with a bigger sensor then the 1520 but has no camera hump and that is about 1520 thickness , maybe just a tad thicker , so I am sure they could make a phone with the 1520 design just a bit smaller specially if it had the camera hump like the 1520 ;-)

the only reason others haven't made a high end mini is because they have been rinising the flagship name and then selling an underspecced mini version with the flagship name to make more money

It can probably be done, but it won't be called the 1520 mini because that makes absolutely no sense, seriously what's the point in making a mini phablet... It's just a regular smartphone! It's gonna be the 935 for you :)

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It can probably be done, but it won't be called the 1520 mini because that makes absolutely no sense, seriously what's the point in making a mini phablet... It's just a regular smartphone! It's gonna be the 935 for you :)

yep it wont happened but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done , the uk etc will get an international version of the icon , I am pretty sure of this , it means nokia can use that camera module and cpu/gpu/ram in 3 phones in different markets , icon , 930 , 1520 and gives them more time for the next big thing ........ its good for business for them really

I like the icon but I hope the international version has a micro sd slot ;-) I still wont change from my 1020 64gb though ;-) itll take another big sensor , xenon wielding power house to make me leave this lil yellow beaut lol ;-)

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I like the icon but I hope the international version has a micro sd slot ;-) I still wont change from my 1020 64gb though ;-) itll take another big sensor , xenon wielding power house to make me leave this lil yellow beaut lol ;-)
So, why bother even hoping for it to have a Micro SD card, then?
Now, you guys are making me want to wait for the Lumia 930. XD

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
So, why bother even hoping for it to have a Micro SD card, then?
Now, you guys are making me want to wait for the Lumia 930. XD

because it would be nice too see another high end windows 8 device with a micro sd slot ;-) just because I am happy with my phone doesn't mean I don't want nokia to tick as many boxes as possible on other devices ;-) it would also be nice because it would give me hope that the 1020 successor would follow suit and provide decent internal storage and a micro sd slot unlike most phones from nokia running windows ;-)

if there is to be a 930 (nokia would be mad not to release it as a global device under the name 930 and use the same components they make the icon with , it makes a lot of business sense) I would think it would be announced with windows 8.1 maybe?? or ev leaks will be along with some pictures and info soon , if not then it will probably be the moneypenny and goldfinger devices whatever they turn out to be??

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Meh! I started this topic in hopes that I would obtain a smaller version of the 1520(I am talking about equal specs but just as thin or thinner, and at least 4.5") but I went ahead and bought the 1520 on impulse.
So, this topic is still for those that are wondering, yet I am settled with my 1520.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Samsung and others do this for their flagship devices, like the Galaxy S4.
Yup, "Mini" versions of their phablets.
The Galaxy S4, or the HTC One aren't "Phablets" while the term suggest 5-6" that should be updated as 5" isn't big anymore when every phone is that size. Phablet size would be around 5.5" or larger imo.

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy S4, or the HTC One aren't "Phablets" while the term suggest 5-6" that should be updated as 5" isn't big anymore when every phone is that size. Phablet size would be around 5.5" or larger imo.
It still doesn't change the fact that those phones have a "Mini" version, so why can't 1520 have one?
Phone size is huge, too huge, so whether they are "phablets" or not, my statement stands.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It still doesn't change the fact that those phones have a "Mini" version, so why can't 1520 have one?
Phone size is huge, too huge, so whether they are "phablets" or not, my statement stands.
The Lumia 930 is already a smaller 1520, I'm not exactly sure what you want. Nokia isn't going to make a new smaller 1520 when the 930 fills the spot.

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 930 is already a smaller 1520, I'm not exactly sure what you want. Nokia isn't going to make a new smaller 1520 when the 930 fills the spot.
My old phone is the 810, it felt thick like a brick in my pants, so I disliked it.
The 929 and 930 are the same width and thinner in comparison to the 810, but the 1520 is even thinner. I just didn't like the size of the screen of the 1520, didn't see and still don't see the need for it.
I want to stick with Lumia, but I saw an image of a Lenovo that might come.
lenovo-smartphone-ideaphone-k900-back-2.jpg

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I would LOVE to have a Lumia with EXACTLY the same design as the 1520, same slim body, maybe same specs and same available colors but with a smaller screen, maybe of about 4.5 inch. That phone will look wayy more sexier!

MegamanXtreme

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I was with you on that, but the 1520 is fine for everything.
The size makes it hard to play some games that would play fine with my older phones, but I hardly game on my phone.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would LOVE to have a Lumia with EXACTLY the same design as the 1520, same slim body, maybe same specs and same available colors but with a smaller screen, maybe of about 4.5 inch. That phone will look wayy more sexier!

You'd have to think that the reason they can make a slim body is because it's a 6" phone. 4.5" wafer phone is a stretch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel