Lumia 1520 - Nokia Camera apps is taking pictures non-stop!

L1011_Pilot

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am writing to the Windows Phone Central forums because I would like to know if someone who owns the Lumia 1520 with the latest version of the Nokia Camera app has experienced the issue I am about to describe.

Here's the issue, every time I attempt to take a picture using the camera button in the right side of the phone using the Nokia Camera app, my Lumia 1520 will start taking pictures non-stop other unless I exit the app to stop it. Now if I take the picture using the Nokia Camera app on-screen button the phone will only take a single picture. I remember that this problem was not present when I got my Lumia 1520 in January of this year. My thinking is that this problem has to do with a software update to the Nokia Camera app.

So far these have been my troubleshooting steps:
  1. Uninstall Nokia Camera App
  2. Reinstall Nokia Camera App
  3. Reboot my phone
  4. Wipe my phone using the Windows Phone 8 reset option in settings app.
  5. Reinstall all updates after restoring my phone.
  6. Using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool
  7. Not restoring my old phone data.

Thanks for any assistance on this issue!

Best Regards,
Mike

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am using the regular Nokia Camera app, not the beta.
That's really weird. I have both the regular Nokia Camera app and the beta on my 920. I just tried taking pictures using the button on the lower right hand side of my device with both apps, and I only got one picture each time. My 920 didn't keep taking pictures over and over again. I don't see why the 1520 should behave differently.

athenajm

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
my 1020 just started doing this as well. It's so annoying, i want to stop it but don't want to have to do the reset thing that you described. Hopefully someone will be able to advise another fix soon

raiinman

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520 and this has happened to me couple of times. All I did was power the phone off. Last time it happed was about a month ago

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Whose your carrier? This happened to me on my 1020 and I called ATT after doing everything in my power and they gave me a new one....as long as if its in the one year warranty.....that is one thing ATT is great about! Hope you get this resolved p****ed me off with my 1020!!

AxelFoley1974

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Where did Nokia admit that?
Do you have any link?
Same problem here with a Lumia 620.
None of the workarounds worked for me so far...
Anyone an other solution?...

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yup my 1520 does the same thing, with both the Nokia camera and Nokia camera beta apps. Other apps work fine.
My 1020 with the same config and apps does not do it.

I thought it might be something to do with SD card, so I removed it and reinstalled. But no change.

If you use the on screen button in the app, it works fine.

Bloody annoying though.

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Found out in my case Lumia 1520, that issue occurs when the Lumia camera app is installed on the SD card. Try moving the app to your phone drive in restart the phone. If the app is installed on the phone, move it to the SD card then move it back to the phone then restart the phone.
I tested that the issue was related with the app installed on the SD card by installing it back to the card and confirmed that the issue re-occurred. Moving it back to the phone fixed the issue.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Found out in my case Lumia 1520, that issue occurs when the Lumia camera app is installed on the SD card. Try moving the app to your phone drive in restart the phone. If the app is installed on the phone, move it to the SD card then move it back to the phone then restart the phone.
I tested that the issue was related with the app installed on the SD card by installing it back to the card and confirmed that the issue re-occurred. Moving it back to the phone fixed the issue.

Thanks! Fixed now.

Richard Durishin

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My 1020, which is 18 months old, began doing that on occasion a few weeks ago. Only when I use the shutter button - not when I tapped the screen. I have not yet had it happen with the camera grip - which I use only occasionally. If it doesn't happen with the camera grip, I will conclude there is an issue at the shutter button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett