Camera Question

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I know it's probably something simple but I just started testing out the camera last night at a school event and when I go to take a shot it keeps taking shots until I tilt the phone. I think it has something to do with the way I press the shutter button maybe? Because at times it would just snap one shot and other it would keep snapping until I tilted the camera. So what option/feature is that?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just tried that and it still took multiple pics until I tilted the camera. So you are saying this isn't a feature?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay it appears I just had a dumb moment. The shutter button is quite sensitive cause when I was releasing it apparently I wasn't actually releasing it and even the slightest down press assumes I want to keep snapping pics. Releasing the button and moving my finger off the button snaps only one pic. I can't even blame it on not having coffee. Sigh.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Incipio Dual Pro case on my Icon and this happens to me fairly often because apparently the case prevents the camera button from releasing fully at times. When it happens I have to kind of poke at it or press and release it again to get it to stop snapping photos. While it is a bit frustrating that this happens, it's a minor annoyance that I can deal with.

I am fairly impressed with the speed at which the Icon takes multiple photos. It's certainly not going to win a race with my DSLRs, not even close, but it is pretty quick for the size/quality of photos it takes.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the Incipio Dual Pro case on my Icon and this happens to me fairly often because apparently the case prevents the camera button from releasing fully at times. When it happens I have to kind of poke at it or press and release it again to get it to stop snapping photos. While it is a bit frustrating that this happens, it's a minor annoyance that I can deal with.

I am fairly impressed with the speed at which the Icon takes multiple photos. It's certainly not going to win a race with my DSLRs, not even close, but it is pretty quick for the size/quality of photos it takes.

BINGO! Same case!

mac james

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok so added to the camera question. This icon along with the 1520 are advertised 20mp. That great except it doesn't take that. It will only take 5 for sharing and 16. There isn't an option for the 19 I've heard about nor the 20 it is advertised yet no one talks about this. What's the deal. Thats the same bs as selling a phone with 32 gigs and only letting us have 23-26. So is it this way for all cameras. The new Samsung states 16mp so is it really 16 or lower. My old 920 or my old 928 were 8.7 I think so I'm guessing that there weren't. That is seriously miss leading.. Can anyone in lighten me please?

mac james

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok here is a new question regarding camera/Icon. I have too many phones and compare advancements etc. Some not wp. So I took a stand. Put the icon on it. Took pics in 16mp than 19mp. Flash and then no flash. Low light. Did the same with 920/928/iphone 5s. Being completely unbiased, the 5s wasn't on par at all... So compared the two Nokia shots. Obviously more detail with icon. But one thing of note. I also took shots using Nokia camera, and the standard camera.... Note, doesn't seem to have a way to change mp so I can confirm what ever the stock camera app is set to its def not 19mp.... But on that same note, zoom to max after shot taken its far less grainy than the 19mp using Nokia camera. So I checked the 920/928 same. For some reason if you take a photo in 19mp zoom in max using Nokia camera it doesn't clear that up, and look real bad. Zoomed out it looks great. I am amazed because I have a 3mp old school cannon dlr that looks better zoomed in. Any advice to fix this?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ha! Glad we have that sorted!

Even with this minor issue I have no plans to remove it or get a different case. While I personally like the looks of my white Icon and hate to cover it up, the case just makes it feel more secure in hand.

I have the same case, but I haven't noticed the camera issue. Which camera app do you use; default one, or Nokia Camera?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so added to the camera question. This icon along with the 1520 are advertised 20mp. That great except it doesn't take that. It will only take 5 for sharing and 16. There isn't an option for the 19 I've heard about nor the 20 it is advertised yet no one talks about this. What's the deal. Thats the same bs as selling a phone with 32 gigs and only letting us have 23-26. So is it this way for all cameras. The new Samsung states 16mp so is it really 16 or lower. My old 920 or my old 928 were 8.7 I think so I'm guessing that there weren't. That is seriously miss leading.. Can anyone in lighten me please?

Use Nokia Camera instead. You can shoot 19MP RAW + 5MP jpg.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923