Camera issue using Otterbox case

rustyjar79

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Icon this week and I Love it!. My only problem, and I have contacted Otterbox about this, is the camera seems to have issues focusing with the case on. When I take the Otterbox off and use the camera I have no issues when focusing on various items. When I put the case back on it begins to have trouble focusing. I think the bezel around the camera is the issue.

Otterbox has said they will send me another case to make sure it isn't the case I have being defective, so we will see. I hope to keep in touch with an engineer there and get this all sorted out. I will keep everyone posted/.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you relying on the auto-focus? Also what is the average distance of the objects? I haven't noticed any issue with my otterbox, but I usually tap to focus.

rustyjar79

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Kage, I just have relied on the default settings, which I assume are auto focus. I have tapped to focus and noticed the problem with object that were close. It sounds like it may just be a problem with the case I have. Hope it clears up because the camera was one of the big sellers for me.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Odd, here's a close picture of a shot glass at my desk using auto focus while in the case and it came out ok for me. Not sure how it compares to the pictures you've taken.

WP_20140228_17_55_55_Pro.jpg

rustyjar79

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Well hope a replacement case helps. Just got an email from OtterBox saying they now can't warrant my case, so it all may be going back Monday. Thanks!

garyrh

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Icon this week and I Love it!. My only problem, and I have contacted Otterbox about this, is the camera seems to have issues focusing with the case on. When I take the Otterbox off and use the camera I have no issues when focusing on various items. When I put the case back on it begins to have trouble focusing. I think the bezel around the camera is the issue.

Otterbox has said they will send me another case to make sure it isn't the case I have being defective, so we will see. I hope to keep in touch with an engineer there and get this all sorted out. I will keep everyone posted/.

I have a Otterbox Defender on my Icon and have no problem with auto focus with the camera.

harp666

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Got the otter box defender today. I removed the built in screen protector and installed phone.
They may want to rename it the PRISON BOX because it is next to impossible to remove it once installed. I always get the Defender series for all my phones but this problem is a first. Poor design but looks great. No problems with the camera auto focus using this case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720