storage space on lumia 720

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hai,i have a Lumia 720 with gdr3 and black update, i don't know when i installed black i had like 3gb free phone storage with asphalt 8 installed and all of a sudden it dropped to low on space and i deleted that game.
i got like 2.2gb free space, today all of a sudden something happend again i was left with low on storage warning i had to delete some apps and games i have gained 750mb space.
i don't know why its happening and how to solve this issue i couldn't even install small games from minicip too,
please suggest any fix for this??

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to storage check and see whether you have any temp files, delete them. if that doesnt work try changing time to year 2020, then restart your phone.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to storage check and see whether you have any temp files, delete them. if that doesnt work try changing time to year 2020, then restart your phone.

no it only has 300mb in temporary space and 3.6 gb in others, will it work if i change the date to 2020 @nd restart?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
@Epic: What is the trick behind changing the time to year 2020 and then restarting? What makes this trick work?

My understanding is that some of the files in Other Storage have finite storage times, ie after a particular time has elapsed they are deleted if not used. So setting the phone to a date well into the future causes the phone to think these files have expired and delete them.

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that some of the files in Other Storage have finite storage times, ie after a particular time has elapsed they are deleted if not used. So setting the phone to a date well into the future causes the phone to think these files have expired and delete them.

no it did not worked for me still low on storage any help here��

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
That happened to Me too for Asphalt Also. hehe

My Solution is the same as the above posted by EPIC,. Just Try to Change to at least 2016. After That, go to Storage Check, then Clear the Temporary Files.

What i know about Temp Files is that, it stores files for a Temporary Length of Time. I cant remember the Thread Title here in WPCentral about clearing Temp Files.

It Works for me. Good Luck. :)

Edit,

Check Here
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-gdr3-preview/245537-2.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa