Delete "Other"

GPendolino

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

Still loving my 1020.

Trying to clear up space (my 4s was 64gb so now I'm adjusting to life in 32gb LOL).

In my Windows Phone app for desktop, I have everything color coded and laid out and it looks like I have 1.4gb of "other".

Any idea how I go about reclaiming that 1.4?

It's not general formatting or system because it tells me "system" is 2.1gb.

Thanks in advance!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

Still loving my 1020.

Trying to clear up space (my 4s was 64gb so now I'm adjusting to life in 32gb LOL).

In my Windows Phone app for desktop, I have everything color coded and laid out and it looks like I have 1.4gb of "other".

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what exactly is in Other, but do know it is not 100% junk like many people including you assume.
Some of it is indeed unimportant and you can clear those on the phone (in Storage Check I believe) but you will likely never be able to clear out all 1.4 GB. My 920 has 2.2 GB of Other and it has stayed stable, so I assume its managed right.

I believe System is Windows Phone itself and other very important things that shouldn't be touched. iOS 6 on my iPod touch used ~2 GB, so it sounds about right. My 920 has 1.9 GB of System.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Some of this , I believe, has to with skydrive auto uploads and possible cache data relating to podcast or websites and such

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

Still loving my 1020.

Thanks in advance!

I don't believe there's a solution out there for now
Even though there is one which I tried before and didn't work out

Fast forward your phone year 1 year later or more
Restart and then delete temporary first
Just wait couple hours, people said that the Other Storage will be reduced slowly

GPendolino

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips.

I decided to go at it another way. I'm just going to convert all my high bitrate MP3's to 128 for now. I actually have 17gb of MP3's on here. I think that will give me loads of space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720