Lumia 720 Post-Black Update Problems

tbleong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, this is my first time posting in wpcentral forum. I have seen some awesome people here who solved several problems for Lumia 720 users here so I'm going to try my luck here. So here's my problem:

Ever since I have updated my Lumia 720 with the Lumia Black update (OTA) 3 days ago, the phone's mic is not working any more in voice calls, voice assistant and also in audio recording (using OneNote). However, connecting an external headphone (with mic) will solve this problem. This is means I have to connect my headphones every time to answer a call. The weird thing is I can still record audio (and video) using Nokia Camera. Soft reset did not solve the problem.

A quick search through the internet shows that some Lumia 720 users from other countries have encountered this problem as well (ref: lumia 720 mic. not working post-black update - Nokia Support Discussions), but no solution can be found. I'm wondering if there's any other Lumia 720 users in this forum who encountered a similar problem as mine. If so, is there any way to solve this without the need of doing a hard reset or going to the Nokia service centre? Also, since updating to Black, I am unable to access the files in my phone using my computer (via USB cable). I have not tried doing this with other computers or using other USB cables so I cannot confirm that this problem is due to the update but I am 90% sure that the update has caused my phone mic to fail. :crying:

tbleong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset did not work. However, the good news is the mic is working again since yesterday night and I have no idea how that happened. Hopefully it will stay that way.. Thanks for the replies, guys!

VaraPrasad18

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having non the problems you mentioned but i am facing a problem in my Wifi. When i connect to home network it works fine at first and then when i stop using internet on the phone, internet stops working on it and my WiFi is still connected. Every time i have switch off and switch on WiFi on my phone after some time when i intend to work on internet.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having non the problems you mentioned but i am facing a problem in my Wifi. When i connect to home network it works fine at first and then when i stop using internet on the phone, internet stops working on it and my WiFi is still connected. Every time i have switch off and switch on WiFi on my phone after some time when i intend to work on internet.

So was this caused when you updated to GDR3/Black? Was it working correctly before the update?

shamshads

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have a Nokia Lumia 720. Phone is up to date. In settings->extras+info, I can see software release 'Lumia Black'. So I guess the same is updated. From yesterday, I am not able to turn on internet sharing, connect to wifi and turn on blue tooth. Please help.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 720. Phone is up to date. In settings->extras+info, I can see software release 'Lumia Black'. So I guess the same is updated. From yesterday, I am not able to turn on internet sharing, connect to wifi and turn on blue tooth. Please help.

Try a soft reset: Hold Vol Down + Power for 15 secs and then release. Phone should reboot.

Anupam Bhowal

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
i am having the same issue after the Cyan update. Not sure how to resolve this. Nokia Care re-installed the update & it worked there. However when I came home the same occurred. I can only answer calls using headset as the other person cannot hear me as if I'm in mute.

tbleong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bring this very old post up again, but the exact same problem resurfaced recently, which is coincidently after almost one year. Mic is not in voice calls, Cortana and Whatsapp voice messaging, but working in video recording. Furthermore, I am also unable to access my phone from my computer any more through a USB cable. Since my phone was updated to Lumia Denim for quite some time, I'm starting to think that this problem is more of a hardware issue than a software issue, though the fact that the mic works in video recording but not in other apps or voice calls points more towards a software issue.

Any help would be welcomed or I will have to upgrade my phone (It's already way past the warranty period).

tbleong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Good news. The mic is working again. I did restart my phone a few time prior to this. Other than that, I have no idea how the mic fixed itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon