No Autocomplete of Email Addresses when Forwarding?

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have just noticed that whenever I attempt to create a new email, I am not seeing a list of contacts appear as I type names. I must click on a little + sign on the right and then must conduct a search for the contact so I can then select their email address FOR EACH PERSON I want to send an email! The same thing happens whenever I reply to an email & try to add Cc: recipients to the reply as well as when I forward a message. Is anyone else having this issue? It is not happening all of the time; but, this only started since the software update. Is there a way to fix it? This is very, very time consuming and quite frustrating. I find myself just waiting until I return to my office to send an email. Thank you.
(Firmware # 3051.40000.1352.0058)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Works fine for me.

if you full out the address at least once, and then when you're sending to that person again start typing the name, does it autocomplete?

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Try this:

Go to SETTINGS > Keyboard.
Select the keyboard of your choice (if multiple) and check the box next to "Suggest text".

Reply with outcome.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
@user928 - the keyboard settings have all of the check boxes selected, including Suggest Text.

As i mentioned, it comes & goes. I was just trying to send a new email and again, had to search through the contacts for their email addresses. But late yesterday, I sent an email and as i typed names, a list of people with those few letters appeared from.which to choose.

When it is not working, i notice that names appear a light gray, rather than black. When i press Enter, the color of the name turns black, leading me to believe it has an email address selected. However, when i hit send, i get an error message stating there is no email address.

I'm replying from my phone; will post screen shots when I get to my laptop.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The intermittent nature of your problem suggests that it isn't a settings issue. A reset of the device may be necessary

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
note the gray lettering

wp_ss_20140308_0002.png
"Jeff" turns black after hitting Enter/Return but when I hit Send...

wp_ss_20140308_0003.png
I get this error message.

As I mentioned, this doesn't happen all of the time but it happens more often than not and occurs on new emails; replying to emails & when forwarding emails. Because I get this phone through work, I have separate inboxes for my personal Gmail & Yahoo Mail accounts. It happens with all of the accounts.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you have your inboxes linked?
Do you have duplicated contacts? Browse your contact list.

Last edited:

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
@ User928 - no, the Inboxes are not linked. I have contacts from work and I have personal contacts from Google. I don't use Facebook chat or messaging nor do I allow the Facebook contacts to merge.

Another reset?? Really, I just went through this in January. What a pain-in-the-*** that is!

ultiamatebid

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this same problem and it doesn't seem intermittent. It just started happening in the past couple of weeks. Contacts autocomplete as normal in messaging, but not in email.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Handed my 928 over to our IT guy (this is a work phone); he started an email and proceeded to type. A few suggested names appeared and he selected them. Then he hit backspace to clear them and started typing again in the same email. The suggested names appeared, he selected them. So far, so good. He hit backspace again to clear them and then started typing names. The third time, he experienced the issue first hand.

Yesterday, I was forwarding an email; I began typing and suggested names appeared. I selected a couple. No problem. Then I wanted to Cc: a couple of other contacts. I had to search through my contacts to find the persons I wanted to Cc:

Verizon is sending another phone.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, whatever the cause of this issue, it had spread... When someone called, all I saw was their phone # - even though they are in my People (Contacts) Tile.
Spent rainy day Saturday re-installing apps and re-configuring my third 928.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
WTH??!! Again with this damn issue!!

Is anyone experiencing this issue with any other versions of Nokia? I'm thinking of telling IT to order me the Icon and hope it doesn't happen on that phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos