Headphones with inline remote

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the jbl synchros 100a. This model is lists Lumia phones as being compatible with them. Supposedly they are universal in jbl's opinion which basically means anything but apple. They aren't working for me. They work fine in my old g2.

Any suggestions on ones that have worked for anyone?

mikeofthegarden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Suggestions on headphones? I got Jays 5 specifically for windows phones. Only ones i could be SURE would work. Sound better than the Apple Earpods i used to use.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't headphones that say they are compatible with Android work with the in lines? I once plugged in a Samsung headset that comes with the S3 and the play/pause worked

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I was given a set of Nokia WH-920 Purity earbuds. They sound better than any I have ever owned and all the button controls work.
Info on inline controls: Jays AB headset for Windows Phone and a note on headset standards
i'm gonna bite the bullet and buy some of the purity headphones.

Don't headphones that say they are compatible with Android work with the in lines? I once plugged in a Samsung headset that comes with the S3 and the play/pause worked
i thought so as well. maybe its just these earbuds that are as compatible as they say they are on the box.

Suggestions on headphones? I got Jays 5 specifically for windows phones. Only ones i could be SURE would work. Sound better than the Apple Earpods i used to use.
i'm leaning toward those but wanted to see if they worked for sure. maybe the s100's are compatible with older windows phones as suggested by the info in t Moore's response.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
skullcandy titans 2.0 work and the mic and button work as well , they are ok ear buds and can be had for ?15 in the uk brand new in the box , they are much better then the ones that come with the phone

I have used skullcandy full metal as well and they worked and sounded a bit better then the titans due to the bigger driver

avlad

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The best budget phones are Xiaomi Piston 2.0 imo. They are second version gold instead of silver first one. All controls fully working including volume ones. Pickup-end calls, next-previous-stop, voice recognition, all you need. They have a sound that is hard to beat under 100$ and their build is very nice and strong. Beware of fakes on eBay tho, they sell around 30$ this days from reputable sellers. I was lucky to get them at 19$ before the hype started which makes to me even better value. :)

Sent from my Nokia 820 using Tapatalk

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The best budget phones are Xiaomi Piston 2.0 imo. They are second version gold instead of silver first one. All controls fully working including volume ones. Pickup-end calls, next-previous-stop, voice recognition, all you need. They have a sound that is hard to beat under 100$ and their build is very nice and strong. Beware of fakes on eBay tho, they sell around 30$ this days from reputable sellers. I was lucky to get them at 19$ before the hype started which makes to me even better value. :)

Sent from my Nokia 820 using Tapatalk

Purities don't do most of this. Pickup call, end call, and volume only.
No voice control (which would be fantastic), nor any way to move forward through songs.

edit - I wasn't correct, see below

Last edited:

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Purities don't do most of this. Pickup call, end call, and volume only.
No voice control (which would be fantastic), nor any way to move forward through songs.

Do they offer play and pause function? I just might be sending back another pair to amazon depending on how well they work today when they arrive. I'll report back later this afternoon on how well they function.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Yes, they should. Nokia uses open standards that Android also uses. Apple uses it's own proprietary headphone jack configuration.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Do they offer play and pause function? I just might be sending back another pair to amazon depending on how well they work today when they arrive. I'll report back later this afternoon on how well they function.

Oh, hey, I was wrong.
They offer play/pause, and a double click will go to the next song. If no song is playing, a double click will go to the voice commands. However, it seems a bit less reliable, which is probably why I didn't think it would work - I just tried on mine 3 times and it didn't recognize the double click until the third attempt.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh, hey, I was wrong.
They offer play/pause, and a double click will go to the next song. If no song is playing, a double click will go to the voice commands. However, it seems a bit less reliable, which is probably why I didn't think it would work - I just tried on mine 3 times and it didn't recognize the double click until the third attempt.

Good to hear they do work and sad to hear that its not very well.

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the purity headphones and it work flawless. work really well. I am using a Nokia Lumina 1020 with it. double clicks to forward and triple click to go backward. volume up/down.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones that don't stick into the ear canal and try to seal outside noise? I am looking for headphones that are similar in style to Apple's that allow outside noise to pass through.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Currently using the Nokia Purity head phones at the moment. There is something wrong with my phone. they do not work. Guess i'll add this to the list of defects going on this phone.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I will say that the Icon does seem very picky about headphones. One pair of Apple headphones works for me and one doesn't. I plug in an older set of Nokia ear buds and get a weird buzzing sound that slowly fades away. I have the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset and while they work fine, the in-line button will not end phone calls. The Bose headphones have worked with every phone I have owned, including iPhones and Androids, but won't hang up a call with the Icon, really? WTF...

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I will say that the Icon does seem very picky about headphones. One pair of Apple headphones works for me and one doesn't. I plug in an older set of Nokia ear buds and get a weird buzzing sound that slowly fades away. I have the Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset and while they work fine, the in-line button will not end phone calls. The Bose headphones have worked with every phone I have owned, including iPhones and Androids, but won't hang up a call with the Icon, really? WTF...

I know what you mean. I'm at the verizon store right now and just tried them in the display models. One worked fine but the other didn't at all either.

So after the Verizon song and dance in getting a replacement device.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo