request firewall software for windowsphone

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps in general dont have that much power and control.
You do not need one, but if you want one, it doesn't matter since there are none.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The problem is, some banks require that one uses a firewall. If a firewall is not used and the account gets accessed without authority, even if unrelated to the lack of firewall, the terms have not been followed and it could cause issues when dealing with them about it. Just saying...

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The problem is, some banks require that one uses a firewall. If a firewall is not used and the account gets accessed without authority, even if unrelated to the lack of firewall, the terms have not been followed and it could cause issues when dealing with them about it. Just saying...

Fine, but how do they handle the app on iOS?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I don't trust the banks though. All I know is that some require one to use a firewall and some even provide their own security software. I suspect they are only thinking in terms of desktop PCs but the day they need to dispute with you is the day you find out how unreasonably officious they can get. If the bank has an app written by them, you probably have a good case. Access through the browser however and I suspect all they will say is that they only support devices with firewalls, as per the fine print. Just a guess...

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I don't trust the banks though. All I know is that some require one to use a firewall and some even provide their own security software. I suspect they are only thinking in terms of desktop PCs but the day they need to dispute with you is the day you find out how unreasonably officious they can get. If the bank has an app written by them, you probably have a good case. Access through the browser however and I suspect all they will say is that they only support devices with firewalls, as per the fine print. Just a guess...

Where in the world do you live where a bank writes up an ignorant statement as regards requiring a firewall on a device in order to access your account online?

Also just to put this out there, but nearly 100% of modern networking equipment includes a built-in firewall on the access point whether it be a wired router or a wireless router.

So unless you've disabled that firewall you ARE using a firewall...just one on a piece of hardware instead of a software based one...and this is true even of most AP's you find in the wild...the networking equipment has a firewall built-in.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
UK. Yea, the router is a good get out clause (though a router 'firewall' is pointless nonsense aside from NAT, it ticks the box). Just watch out for 3G/4G I suppose (I assume no-one here is stupid enough to use public wifi spots for banking anyway). My father was setting up a load of bank accounts recently to spread his dough to ensure his money is protected if a bank goes under. In doing this he noticed a couple with clauses like this buried in the fine print and was asking me if he should install the bank's free security software. I told him his Windows 8.1 PC and Surface RT both already have a firewall so no foul. He only has a dumb phone though so no issue there.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3