Charge icon, but battery life decrease.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Weel, some days ago, my Ativ S start to do this weird thing.
Sometimes(not always), I attach the charger, and it shows the charge icon, but battery life decrease instead of increase. I was thinking about a cable problem, because I also had problems connecting the phone to PC via USB...but anyways it shows the charge icon. So it's strange.
Obviously, I'llcontact the dealer on monday. The phone is only 6-7 months old, so still in warranty terms, but I was just curious about this problem.
I also ordered a new charger from Amazon, so I can exclude that is a cable problem.

Isadora Moustata

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My i917 had a similar problem. First, make sure you hear the the tune from the phone that indicates the charger is connected to a power source. Sometimes the charging icon led me to think the phone was charging when it was not charging, but losing the little power it had left. Also power down and power up to be sure you are getting correct info from the battery indicator. My phone would be plugged in for a couple of hours, but still indicate low battery; powering off and on gave me a true reading. The third option, which I did not try because I did not know about it, is install some kind of app that gives you information about the battery power. A new charging cable may solve your problem. I also purchased one, but after a few months the problem came back.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
My i917 had a similar problem. First, make sure you hear the the tune from the phone that indicates the charger is connected to a power source. Sometimes the charging icon led me to think the phone was charging when it was not charging, but losing the little power it had left. Also power down and power up to be sure you are getting correct info from the battery indicator. My phone would be plugged in for a couple of hours, but still indicate low battery; powering off and on gave me a true reading. The third option, which I did not try because I did not know about it, is install some kind of app that gives you information about the battery power. A new charging cable may solve your problem. I also purchased one, but after a few months the problem came back.

Well, now I connected it to pc via USB for excluding charger socket problems, downloaded a battery check app, restart the phone...and now it shows 100% battery life, instead of 17% before the restart.

I already restarted it some minutes ago, but it continued to show 15-17%.

I have no idea what my phone is doing. :eck:

UPDATE: A few minutes ago, I restarted the phone again, and now battery is 37%. Stupid Windows Mobile... :unhappy:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon