Why my pictures look bad ?

bchrisny

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I buy Nokia 925 only because of the hyping of the camera. Disappointment.... Pictures not even 50 % as good like pictures shown on this forum....
What i s wrong. I Must always put in them in Photoshop and adjust color, balance, everthing.....

bchrisny

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Which camera app are you using? The pro cam or the default camera app?

Buy this camera in Thailand, so maybe little different apps. I have . Nokia Camera (default i think).. and Nokia Smart Cam.. I have not Pro Camera...
So I use default Nokia Camera.
But think I find a little solution to the problem. I did not use automatic in everything, and change to "Daylight" and "100 ISO " ... and after that I think I got a little better photos...So to use option automatic over all looks not so useful.
Maybe someone know how to resize the pictures before sending to Facebook for example...
WP_20140310_022.jpg

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone updated yet?

Nokia Camera was Procamera and if you do not know how to use the settings yet I would use the default camera for now.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually found out those pictures amazing!

I mean, it would be more beatiful if it was sunny, but without it, the photos are still nice! don't see anything wrong

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
i think its about composition and framing... you need to frame and compose properly...think of the story you wanna send out to the viewer

bchrisny

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The flower picture above i s really good, but there I am using option "close picture. And every picture is nice when using the "close" focus option.
Maybe something that the camera have problem to find the focus in longer range. But shoot in a very short range he find very good focus.

I try a new picture. I have focused on the girl - but dont find her really sharp (focused) enough - or any other part of the picture...
Use Nokia Camera (dont have Pro Camera)

WP_20140310_039.jpg

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Camera is updated Pro Camera...

the picture is fine... the focus may have been a bit pointing to the feet of the grandma but for me overall the quality of the photo is good. Don't pixel peep too much, just enjoy shooting and playing with the cam. There is so much to learn and time will come you would be able to get outstanding images out of the phone cam :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@bchrisny
You might be too critical of your talents kiddo.

I have 10 cameras from 4mp to 16mp and have consistently shot worse pics than you're posting here.
To me it's all about print quality.
Full resolution at auto or 400 ISO and above will usually look smeared with a small CMOS while shooting hand held.
IMO post processing is best for high res\small sensor cameras ... just a fact of digital photographic life.
It's kind of like shooting with high ISO film at a small aperture setting with short exposure time.

Few use the full res of a camera when say a 50% processed print is plenty for sharpness.
To me color and focus on the reduced image size rule.

bchrisny

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
@bchrisny
You might be too critical of your talents kiddo.

I have 10 cameras from 4mp to 16mp and have consistently shot worse pics than you're posting here.
To me it's all about print quality.
Full resolution at auto or 400 ISO and above will usually look smeared with a small CMOS while shooting hand held.
IMO post processing is best for high res\small sensor cameras ... just a fact of digital photographic life.
It's kind of like shooting with high ISO film at a small aperture setting with short exposure time.

Few use the full res of a camera when say a 50% processed print is plenty for sharpness.
To me color and focus on the reduced image size rule.

Okay, maybe I am to negative here, Its about taking more and more pics....and learning.
I compare to much with my Canon S95 who almost everytime get very nice pics, without any job att all..

And I try "Camera 360" lens and got some really good ones.... so as many says, its only about shoot, testing and be patient... Thank you....

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, maybe I am to negative here, Its about taking more and more pics....and learning.
I compare to much with my Canon S95 who almost everytime get very nice pics, without any job att all..

And I try "Camera 360" lens and got some really good ones.... so as many says, its only about shoot, testing and be patient... Thank you....
Atta boy!
Keep going my friend.
Just remember compose-lighting-focus then pump the photo afterwards if needed.
The sweetness of digital photography is post processing.
I know we all want perfection right off the the shutter button ... keep shooting there my good friend it will come.

bchrisny

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes now I find a really friend - I switch to The app " Camera 360". For me look likes a really hit....
Or what can we say about this picture....
Nutty.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans