Camera broke on third photo taken!!!

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just got this phone for my girlfriend and tried it out without signing in or activating it just to see how it compares to my 8X. It is awesome, but...

I took two great pictures with the Nokia app, then took one with the normal camera app just to see how that works. When I took the picture with the normal app it froze when I pushed the shutter and then did nothing - just kept the photo image on the screen. I exited back to the home screen and then went to the camera roll. No third photo was taken. I then tried to open the app and it just stayed black and wouldn't let me do anything.

I restarted the phone and no change. I then reset the phone from settings, waiting for everything to load again, and opened the Nokia camera app. Nothing! Just a black screen! Same for the normal camera app!

My girlfriend has been waiting for this phone since Christmas and is about to come over. She was so excited. :(

I bought it from amazon. Do you think I should just return it as defective and wait for another one? I can't think that this is anything other than a terrible hardware problem.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I just called amazon - actually, they called me! The lady was incredibly friendly and apologetic, and I'll have a new one tomorrow. I just have to send this one back within 30 days to avoid being charged! Now that is good service.

Assuming the camera works on this next one I may have to upgrade my 8X. This phone is incredible!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Amazon prices, selection, shipping, and customer service is incredible! It makes me question how they could possibly be making any money?? lol

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazon prices, selection, shipping, and customer service is incredible! It makes me question how they could possibly be making any money?? lol

Read one of their quarterly reports. They basically haven't made any money (yet). Suspect that will change with higher prices for Prime membership among other things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb