Can't download Lumia Black, please help!!

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
According to the Nokia availability page (Availability in Latin America - Nokia) Lumia Black update should be available in TELCEL Mexico for the Lumia 1020 several weeks ago, but when I search for updates on my phone, it says that my phone is updated!!

I also have a 920 and a 720 and have the same problem!!

Can anybody help me??

thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's see.

1. Ensure you're using WiFi. You can't update on mobile.
2. If you haven't received any updates of Nokia system apps then you won't get the Black update until they are updated. Try using Sysapp Pusher to see if those updates are available.
SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
3. If nothing shows up after updating try a soft reset. Hold volume down and power button until the phone vibrates the let go. Phone will restart. You may have to reset time and date. No files are erased.
4. If none of that works make sure your phone is connected to TELCEL. You can look at About in Settings. The SIM you use is not important when it comes to updates.
5. If all else fails, do a hard reset. Settings -> About -> Phone reset. Ensure you backup your data first. No game data is saved. Phone is completely wiped.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
1.- Wifi Enabled
2.- I ckeched all system apps... all were updated
3.- Did a soft reset
4.- Phone connected to TELCEL

nothing worked :( it keeps saying that my phone is updated

I think the last option is... doing a hard reset :(

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
You can't update on mobile, but you can check for updates. I'd call Telcel and check with them
But first of all as N_LaRUE suggested, update system apps with SysApp Pusher

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Also use the Lumia System updater app. It's the same as SysApp but it's Nokia specific. It's helped me when I have reset my phone to re-apply all the updated apps to give me complete Black Firmware

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to update my L920 too, I think the problem here is Telcel =/.
Hope having gdr3 preview installed isnt the problem...

Last edited:

Sonbejube

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the 3 phones are on TELCEL... weird, isn't???

Hola/Hi.

I am too a Telcel user here in Mexico. I purchased the Lumia 1020 with my plan and was getting very impatient due the same thing: Available...but not. Why? Nobody knows.

But searching some threads some people successfuly updated to Black using the "Nokia Software Updater Retail", search it in Google. Once i installed in my PC this request to connect my device to it and automatically it searched for latest firmware, Black.

Was just a matter to wait to download it (for me 1.2 Gb) during the night and in the morning i took the risk maybe to avoid warranty but nah they are never efficient to check it.

Waited until it got installed and that?s all!....however, some features throught app updates showed Error 8000ffff, but there are some solutions in other threads here.

Why not try it like me? just be careful making backup before update. This will erase everything. Hope it works in your case.

Now i have Black with Lumia 1020 bought from Telcel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos