Getting used to a Phablet

Logan Marispini

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I got my 1520 yesterday and there's no going back. I came from a Lumia 900, so the speed difference is incredible, and the screen is brilliant. I got it in yellow, and bought a yellow flip cover too. Holding the Lumia 900mit feels tiny, and iPhones are similar to comparing the Surface 2 to a leapfrog tablet. The one thing I say is going any size smaller in a screen is going to be extremely difficult as the 6" screen is irreplaceable. Incredible phone. Love mine.

del_x

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After reading the comments I am tempted to give the 1520 a try I was hesitant because of the size and have been waiting for the International version of Icon to be released.

MikeMystery

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it took me about 5 days to really get into using it, but only 20 minutes to fall in love with everything about it. The screen is just gorgeous, it feels great to hold and dat speed! I get a lot of comments about it, mainly about the size, but that doesn't really bother me.

Being able to add a 128GB SD card is also pretty neat.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning toward a 1520, but waiting to see what is released with WP8.1. Good to see so many people adjusting to the size though. I am still a little hesitant though. It doesn't seem as big as it sounds when you hold it in the store though.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: geting use to a phablet

About a couple of weeks for me. I was coming from an LG G2 which has a 5.2" screen, I'm 6'4" and would consider my hands pretty big. First few days were tough adjusting, I was really thinking I may have made a mistake getting the 1520! I found that the way I had been using smartphones for the last 4 years was going to have to change! I would rarely use 2 hands when using an LG G2 but after a few days with the Lumia 1520 I found that using 2 hands was the way to go for a lot of activities. Things like typing especially really require 2 hands, now I can type as fast if not quicker than on my old G2.

Ditto for me, except I came from a 920 and am 6'5" tall with big hands (I can palm a basketball without issue).

I don't have any issues using it one handed but I have found that I like being able to use 2 hands. Like the above poster, I can type like a mad man now!! :D

Trying two handed typing on my 920 was not a very good experience for me, but the 1520 is made for it.

My wife, she has smaller hands and is soooo in love with her 1520 it's almost making me think she's going to divorce me and marry it!!

josh377

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: geting use to a phablet

I'm a proud owner of Galaxy Note 3! and without a doubt still the best Phablet by far.. hope the NOTE 4 will be a worse phone! because i have just bought a Note 3 :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster