1520 camera inquiry

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I love my 1520 and with 8.1 on board it will become more of a beast. My question is how have your general feelings been about the camera? Mainly in regards to the low light capabilities. I say this as someone who came from a 1020 and before that a 920 where the low light capability was phenomenal.

I just haven't been that impressed with my 1520's photos and wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
The Summery says :
"The Nokia Lumia 1520 is a Windows Phone device that combines very good image quality with manual control over shutter speed and ISO, an excellent camera user interface and Raw capture. This makes it an ideal tool for those mobile photographers who want more control over the image taking process than is offered by the Android and iOS competition. If you feel comfortable with the 1520's phablet dimensions and can live with the slowish camera start-up and the limited choice of imaging apps in the Windows Store you can't go wrong with Nokia's latest device."

For full review follow this link:

Nokia Lumia 1520 camera review

These guys are photo-camera reviewers and their smartphone reviews are written with the needs of photographers in mind. They focus on camera features, performance and image quality, as they put it themselves.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree on low light. I feel my 925 or 920 did better. But other than that I like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree on low light. I feel my 925 or 920 did better. But other than that I like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They & the 928 do better because of the aperture they have 2.0 VS 2.4. the 1520 & now the Icon are much better cameras. You can get the same results in low light with a better quality photo you just have to adjust the settings. On the others you don't have to because of the aperture.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well its totally luck with 1520 lowlight photos.u can sometimes get great pics with it sometimes crap pics smeared with noise. Iam talking about taking pics in auto settings which most casual users do. But if u slightly fiddle with the settings u can get good pics.and I have noticed in low light nokia camera app gives best results for me compared to third party lenses. I believe u can take better pics with 1520 compared to 920,928 if u adjust the settings .sometimes even auto gets great pics for me. Its not anywhere near 1020 samples I saw (I dont have a 1020) but I think its better than the others.
there are some night pics in my Flickr photos totally unedited and taken in auto.do check it out.:wink:

Last edited:

Yunnnn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I feel that my Lumia 925 fared better with the photos than the 1520; could be because of the sheer size of the phone which causes you to shake a little.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
PHOTOS
Daylight/sun=great.
Few clouds=good
Dull=ok
Low light=ok/not so good
Night=poor
VIDEO
Kind of the same until low light, at which point its not good, poor for a high end phone, my old sgs4 does better low/night videos.

g1nchy

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
low light photos has horizontal streaks in it looks like I took the photo with a fax machine.
Another dud nokia product. my 4th Nokia windows phone and all have had issues.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The low light pics were really a let down. I wish 8.1 would bring improvement. Other than that , i wish that the screen would be more optimized and some multitasking/multiwindow function to be done.

rexstor

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
For me, the Lumia 1520 is more natural colour when night time. Compare to Lumia 925. As Lumia 925 aperture is 2.0 but on Lumia 1520 is 2.4. As for the noise. U can edit the DNG for better result(if video) but for video, no much to say. Video seams to noisy. Mybe later software update will improve it.
-This all only in my opinion and hear by my friends when comparing my Lumia 1520 with their Lumia 925,920.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss