What could possible be running

se312

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have never been happy with the battery Life in my Nokia 920. Even with WIFI and Data turned off, battery life would be no longer than 10 hours Maybe, I'm the last person to figure this out, but after turning off WIFI and Data, I tried doing a soft reset. After turning off all possible internet conections from the phone and doing the soft reset, the phone used no more than 10% of the battery during the entire day. I had made it a point to not turn on the Internet in any form what so ever. That evening, I recharged the phone to 100%, turned on the Internet, then turned it off after just a few mnutes, no video surfing, just reading email and Facebook messages. The phone was down to 50% in 5 hours. Something is still running which runs down the battery. My wife's Samsung Ativ has the same apps as I do, I can only guess that it must be a Nokia app or Glance perhaps, though I have Glance off as well. Any ideas?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Facebook freaking kills battery on my 928 in the background. Don't know wtf their problem is, and don't appreciate them unblocking it from background tasks every time they update, but oh well.

Double check your background apps in Settings. (Settings, swipe over to applications, first item is background tasks). See what could be going.

Dizzymash

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have Words with Friends on my phone and it will kill the battery sometimes. To make sure this app was the issue, I went to the extreme. Did a reset of the phone and only installed WWF. I uninstalled almost every app I could uninstall. When the app would hang trying to get updated information, the battery usage would become 1% every 5-10 minutes. After shutting down and rebooting the phone the battery drain would stop. Sometimes I go into the app and everything seems okay and after 20 or 30 minutes I see that the battery is discharging at a fast rate. Reboot the phone and everything is fine. I've yet to find anything running when the issue pops up.

se312

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I wound up doing exactly what you did. The culprit was Facebook Messenger. It would drain the battery in 6 hours flat - even with WIFI and Data turned off. The soft reset trick worked fine, until I got a message, then I'd have to soft reset again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05