Video issue on new Lumia 1020

zvonac

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, i noticed when recording video in low-light conditions, as well as some "horizontal lines"....
Phone is hard reset, i have last update Black.

Watch this video 720p, look at the right edge and you'll see something like a horizontal line, in low light condition..
I make the comparison nokia lumia 1020 and Lumia 520.
I recorded a video to Nokia lumia 520 in the same lighting (low light) conditions, and i did not notice these anomalies, except of course present noise in video. Video on lumia 520 is maybe a bit cleaner, without this issues, as a lumia 1020...

Is it maybe a hardware or software problem?
May be your opinion, comment, etc.?
Sry for bad english

WP 20140313 14 55 55 Pro - YouTube

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi zvonac - I have a 1020 and I don't have those lines in low light....just checked. You may have a hardware issue that you should have checked or try an exchange.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
dont notice the lines on mine, although it might be there in a similar lighting situation

be happy that u dont have the high pitch OIS screech noise like mine. I am planning to return mine for repair/exchange.

zvonac

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Tnx guys for reply... Lumia was sent for repair..
Now the question is whether it is software or hardware error...
Lumia is only four days old....

I'd rather that the hardware malfunction, and to give me a new cell phone:D

zvonac

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i called the service today, and they said that they had upgraded to the latest version, they did not see any other problems, except software updates...:devil::angry::confused:
But the cell phone already had the latest version (Black):confused: When i bought it, I've updated it to the latest version..

I will pick up a cell phone tomorrow or the next day..
Although i'm 95% sure that the problem is still existing..
But still hope to version 8.1 could solve this problem (?)

Swami Patil

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually gdr3 or 8.1 is updates from Microsoft so hey cant fix it , only nokia updates such as black , amber update . This major updates can do something
For eg. Black update makes camera quality good in 620 . .
if you want yo ask questions then come to wp answers app in store , you will love it and also its helpful for u

Swami Patil

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Just take a try with soft reset

Hold volume button down and lock buton for 5-10 sec. And phone will restart
done
Or you want to go for hard reset

zvonac

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Byron Storie

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I want to record my bike riding but the phone really takes a horrible recording this is one is from the bush but even riding on the road its just as bad. is it just that the phone cant handle it or is there a problem with mine. my old HTC titan did a much better job. the hole reason I got this camera was to record my bike riding :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12