07-29-2014 11:09 PM
59 123
tools
    Hey OP, Dustin from Nokia here. Have you contacted local Nokia customer care with your issue yet? Are you actually in Canada or are you using a Rogers device in the US? You can also contact me on Twitter @NokiaDustin.
    03-18-2014 07:00 PM
    Hey OP, Dustin from Nokia here. Have you contacted local Nokia customer care with your issue yet? Are you actually in Canada or are you using a Rogers device in the US? You can also contact me on Twitter @NokiaDustin.
    First post here? :O

Welcome to WPCentral!

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums
    Dustin Randall likes this.
    03-19-2014 02:23 AM
    Mine does not overheat or get warm even.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    Exactly. Sometimes a little, but I never really worry about the heat as it isn't that much. I'd say it has to, as electricity runs through the device. How can it not be a little warm?! So I wouldn't call it ''overheating'', that implies there's something wrong + device can't take it.
    03-19-2014 06:26 AM
    I'd say it has to, as electricity runs through the device. How can it not be a little warm?!
    We're talking about low power here. The regular wallcharger has 1.3A at 5V wich results in 6.5Watts. Not really much power.

The charging plate, which I usually use overnight runs at 750mA at presumably 5V (to prevent the phone needing a voltage stepdown) wich equals to 3.75 Watts. Even less.

I do not feel any warmth on the device when charging either way, the phone stays pretty much at room temperature.
    03-19-2014 07:07 AM
    So what's going wrong in a warm phone then?
    03-19-2014 07:14 AM
    You're right. i should rephrase that to "ar least the amperage of the original charger". Devices will only pull what they need but if a phone tries to pull more than the adapter can provide this might cause damage to the charger and pose a fire threat.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    That's not entirely true. A laptop USB only puts out .5 Amps but works fine. I also have a 2.1 amp charger that works fine. Assuming that everything is designed properly and not defective the amperage shouldn't matter all.
    03-20-2014 06:55 AM
    It only gets hot when there is something wrong.
    Can happen with a bad or lose connection, the usb connection in the phone is not realy thight.
    When connected you can move it around,if it loses contact and its close anough, it wil draw a spark.
    You wil get at that very moment a spike, if that spike is high anough it wil damage the internals.

Also the falesave of the chargingcircuit might go on the fridge,
    when the failsave fails the cell gets overcharged and wil heat up.

Most accidents happend due overcharged cells mostly by a deffective failsave.

Its difficult to explane in a language other than your own, but i hope you get the idea
    03-20-2014 07:42 AM
    The same thing happened to my Lumia 920 last night. The bottom of my phone looks similar to the pictures, but the damage is a little more extensive. I contacted Nokia today and the rep told me that he was referring my case the repair department but did not promise replacement or anything. My phone is still in warranty for the next 10 days (whew), so I'm assuming they'll replace it. Any thoughts?
    07-28-2014 04:49 PM
    On the other hand, I find the original Nokia charger for my Lumia 920 a bit dodgy. It doesn't charge sometimes even when it's fully inserted, or there will be a lag of more than two seconds before it charges. It's kind pf irritating for me + the fact that Nokia wire is a tad shorter, I have now replaced it with my old Samsung charger which charges almost instantly when plug in and there's no hardware connection issue with the mirco USB end.
    07-29-2014 11:09 PM
59 123