Nokia Martini=Nokia Lumia 930

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't mind either, but like you, I'd prefer a matte finish. Would love to see orange added to the flagship colorwheel. We've only seen shades of orange and green with mid and low range models.

I got a yellow 920 at launch and have dropped it a few times, but it still looks great. The difference in quality Nokia brings really starts to show up the older the phone gets... especially with the polymer penetrating the breadth of the shell, scratches and scuffs are hardly noticeable. I bet my 920 will look better 5 years down the road than most non-Nokias that are only 1 or 2 years old.

I think the same about the quality, my cousin has a Galaxy S3 and the letters in Samsung logo are starting to fall and the plastic is more awful that when it was new but both Lumia and S3 have that glossy finish, yeah, Nokia last longer and it's more solid but the scratches when you see it at light are kinda of a letdown, so, matte finish all the way!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
sadly I heard of this today, hopefully some of the guys on WPcentral can correct this ( or conform).
If there was no 930 I'll just pick a white 1520.

So disappointing. But it all makes sense now... no visual leaks at all about the 930, not even a render. We probably should have seen it coming.

I might just go with a 1520 as well, or not upgrade my 920 at all until later in the year. This would suck.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get this quite well. At worst 930 will be delayed by a month. I know it hurts, I too am bit disappointed because of that delay. But I don't think they will delay it by 2-3 months, if they do that, definately I will CURSE nokia

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make any sense to introduce a new series of devices starting with the low-end (even if it sells more). First image is important, Nokia introduces a low-end device first and their brand will forever be associated to low-end. Could happen but it would be a massive mistake.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make any sense to introduce a new series of devices starting with the low-end (even if it sells more). First image is important, Nokia introduces a low-end device first and their brand will forever be associated to low-end. Could happen but it would be a massive mistake.

I honestly don't see Nokia holding an event to announce a low end phone. Remember, there were no leaks of the Nokia XL till the day of the announcement. Same might be the case here. We might even have more phones than the 930 and 630. Then again, we might not. We'll see in 2 days

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia hosted an event for a low-end device in Fabruary for a low-end device, now less than 2 months after that they host another event for another low-end phone? What kind of image do they want to pass to the market? King of the low-end?

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you know this poiman, but... the low end IS the market. I think the 1520 and Icon are recent enough that Nokia is not at risk of sending a message of 'we only do low end'.

But I think we might wait longer for a new flagship.

I've been too poor *** this past few months to upgrade from my 920 so I'm still rocking that anyways. Screen is all yellow in the middle and on the edges but aside from that it's still almost perfect (screen does kinda ruin it though and I'm out of warranty). Completely off topic but does anyone know if 920 will get the 'show more tiles' ?

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you know this poiman, but... the low end IS the market. I think the 1520 and Icon are recent enough that Nokia is not at risk of sending a message of 'we only do low end'.

But I think we might wait longer for a new flagship.

I've been too poor *** this past few months to upgrade from my 920 so I'm still rocking that anyways. Screen is all yellow in the middle and on the edges but aside from that it's still almost perfect (screen does kinda ruin it though and I'm out of warranty). Completely off topic but does anyone know if 920 will get the 'show more tiles' ?

The thing is, most of the low-end sales aren't driven by this kind of events. This events mostly appeal to those who follow the industry closely and those are mostly looking for high-end and mid range devices. Low-end phones sell best among people who don't care so much for smartphones and they do good because they are cheap. So this raises the question: does it really make sense to host 2 events for 2 low-end devices in such a short period of time? I don't think so but NOKIA may think differently.

And yes, 3 columns of tiles are coming to the 920.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That's true, but we had no idea that device was even coming. We all know about the 930... typically that lends to more eyes and ears on leaks. It can definitely still go either way, but if it is delayed, I'd like to know by how long so I know whether or not to wait.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
That's true, but we had no idea that device was even coming. We all know about the 930... typically that lends to more eyes and ears on leaks. It can definitely still go either way, but if it is delayed, I'd like to know by how long so I know whether or not to wait.

And now, even the ATIV SE isn't coming with WP8.1...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
And now, even the ATIV SE isn't coming with WP8.1...

With both Nokia and now Samsung running behind, is Microsoft to blame for this? I hesitate to say yes because if Nokia could get the 630 out in time, why not the 930? Either way, the ingredients are coming together for some light #FailSauce.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I tweeted Nokia US last night regarding the rumor of no 930 at Build. They just responded, though without really saying much. FWIW:

SIMO ‏@hasasimo
@NokiaUS NokiaPowerUser is reporting that the #Lumia930 won't be announced at BUILD. Is this true? :'-(

Nokia USA @NokiaUS
@hasasimo No sad faces here! Stay posted for updates!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077