Nokia Martini=Nokia Lumia 930

SpareBot

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I dont expect the 930 anymore. I would probably pre-order it in seconds but given a choice between the 930 end of april and wp8.1 developer preview week: I take the software

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I tweeted Nokia US last night regarding the rumor of no 930 at Build. They just responded, though without really saying much. FWIW:

SIMO ‏@hasasimo
@NokiaUS NokiaPowerUser is reporting that the #Lumia930 won't be announced at BUILD. Is this true? :'-(

Nokia USA @NokiaUS
@hasasimo No sad faces here! Stay posted for updates!

Not sure what does that reply mean, but it doesn't seem to point to something bad...

zombie zom

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
i hope nokia release it tis april !!! my money cant stand no longer anymore to buy 1020 nor 1520.please release goldfinger NOKIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
WPCentral just posted this:

Hope it's true!

That deserved both a Like and a Thanks :excited:

And they posted this as well: "A second rumor also claims that the Lumia 930, but with Windows Phone 8, will also be handed to developers in attendance. We’ll have to wait and see."

​*Fingers crossed*

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
How stupid is that ?? On event where WP8.1 will be presented they will present phone with WP8 ? That would look like on Google like that: today we are presenting Android 4.5. We are also presenting Nexus 6 but it comes with Android 4.4.

Poslano z mojega GOCLEVER z uporabo Tapatalk

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Excited!

But I find that 930 without WP8.1 hard to believe in.

It's a X30 series device, which indicates that it is meant for WP8.1 and not WP8.

Also, if the 930 can really run WP8 than it means that it probably doesn't have a processor better than the Snapdragon 800, as I don't think that WP8 is compatible with the 801 or better.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Excited!

But I find that 930 without WP8.1 hard to believe in.

It's a X30 series device, which indicates that it is meant for WP8.1 and not WP8.

Also, if the 930 can really run WP8 than it means that it probably doesn't have a processor better than the Snapdragon 800, as I don't think that WP8 is compatible with the 801 or better.

I find it tough to believe as well. If it debuts, I can't imagine it not having 8.1. Looks like NokiaPowerUser took the news and ran with it, saying the 930 could debut without 8.1... but the WP Central rumor simply said the ones being handed out might not have 8.1. Nokia Lumia 930 To Debut At BUILD, But Without Windows Phone 8.1 [Rumor] | Ubergizmo

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That deserved both a Like and a Thanks :excited:

And they posted this as well: "A second rumor also claims that the Lumia 930, but with Windows Phone 8, will also be handed to developers in attendance. We’ll have to wait and see."

​*Fingers crossed*

The biggest issue is, all the devices that are released post Windows 8.1 will rely on the onscreen navigation keys, example Lumia 630 will have on screen navigation keys. So it will not have physical navigation keys. The same might be with Lumia 930. So if it doesn't come with Windows 8.1, how will the navigation keys work?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The biggest issue is, all the devices that are released post Windows 8.1 will rely on the onscreen navigation keys, example Lumia 630 will have on screen navigation keys. So it will not have physical navigation keys. The same might be with Lumia 930. So if it doesn't come with Windows 8.1, how will the navigation keys work?

There's no reason to believe that "all devices that are releases post Windows 8.1 will rely on onscreen navigation keys..."

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason to believe that "all devices that are releases post Windows 8.1 will rely on onscreen navigation keys..."

There is a reason why on screen navigation keys are implemented in WP 8.1, so that they can increase the screen size, by removing physical on screen navigation keys. Imagine for Lumia 920, if they remove physical keys, its screen size can be further stretched uoto 0.2 inch, without increasing the overall size of the device. There are some low end nokia devices like Lumia 1320, in which, these navigation keys don't light up, thus making navigation almost impossible in darkness. Virtual navigation keys eliminate this limitation.

Without physical keys, the device has to rely on onscreen navigation keys.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not all WP8.1 devices will use software navigation keys. And their main reason to exist isn't to increase screen sizes. It's to reduce the cost of low-end devices.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, a mix of joy and disappointment with today's Nokia announcements. Mostly the latter.

Happy that the 930 was indeed announced today. With all due respect to Icon fans though, I'm in the sizable camp that just isn't a fan of this design. It's bulky, blocky, and uninspired in my opinion. And I've played with the Icon in person several times now. I was really hoping for a more trademark Lumia design (and a slightly bigger display). This just doesn't feel like a flagship, especially with the advent of WP 8.1 and what this accompanying hardware could have been.

The only thing I like about it is the color options, but I doubt that's reason enough to have it succeed my 920. I may just hold off til the holiday season now. I was planning to get a 1520 if the 930 turned out to be the Icon, but every time I go to an ATT or Microsoft Store to make sure I like it, the size just ends up turning me off a bit.

Ugh, #FirstWorldProblems

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there's any chance the polycarbonate back plate of the device can be removed? I mean.. semi-easily? If we can change colors, I may consider it. Still might not though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers