Bluetooth Problems

thecwillin

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
So I seem to be having the same problem pairing my Icon with my vehicle. In addition, I also tried pairing to my 2520. Exact same problem. Phone will connect and disconnect continuously. I read some previous posts and tried the soft reset... no luck. After a week I exchanged my first phone, but I still have the same issue with the second. Any suggestions? I really hate to return this phone and go back to Google.

thecwillin

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2012 Volvo which I'm have been able to connect to twice. What is strange is I cannot connect to my 2520 although if I had to choose between the two my car would be 1st.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
My Icon connects and works great with my two Ford vehicles with Sync and also to my 3rd vehicle with an Alpine nav system.

Mark Harper1

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
No problems with 2012 Jeep U-Connect, however U-connect for Jeep does not support text readouts with this phone. All android and blackberry phones I have had did work with text readout via u-connect....bummer but no deal breaker for me.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2013 Equinox and the Bluetooth integration is ok...not spectacular. I think it's a MyChevy problem and not with my phone per se. It was better until GM pushed out a software update and made worse not better.

Because it's a WP, the system doesn't recognize that my phone has Pandora. Also, the only way it sees my playlists is when I plug it in directly via USB. When using my phone's turn by turn, the only way I can hear it is when I select Bluetooth. Previous to GM updating software it would switch over to Bluetooth when I was coming up to a turn. This is an issue with my car, because I have the same issues with my old Android phone. I don't have a iPhone so I can't test it to see if it's an issue with iOS too.

thecwillin

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
looks like the connection with the car is solved, although it was nothing I did... connection just finally stuck. I can get in the car now and it syncs right away and I have full feature set. Actually it works better than my HTC one, Galaxy Note, or my S2 ever worked. Thanks for all the replies.... I just wish I could have given you all a "fix".

Still interested in reading if anyone has successfully synced to their 2520...

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Were you able to transfer /sync contacts with you car? I can connect my phone (L928 + Prius 2011) and call, but I wasn't able to transfer contacts at all. The cars system continuously saying "Searching". When I open contact and go to Share via Bluetooth then it can't find cars system even though its still connected. Any idea how to resolve this?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Were you able to transfer /sync contacts with you car? I can connect my phone (L928 + Prius 2011) and call, but I wasn't able to transfer contacts at all. The cars system continuously saying "Searching". When I open contact and go to Share via Bluetooth then it can't find cars system even though its still connected. Any idea how to resolve this?

I can sync contacts. It's probably the car. If you haven't already, unpair your phone, the pair it again. If that doesn't work, check with Toyota. It's possible that Toyota has a software update.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
P.S. Most, if not all Bluetooth issues with car systems are caused by the automakers. There isn't a common system and each auto manufacturer has its own system. Right now, there is a consortium of automakers and phone manufacturers working on this. And of course, Apple is going its own way...

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... this whole "connect and disconnect repeatedly" thing... I synced right up to my VW Jetta, and I have zero problems with it. But I can't stay connected to my XPS 12. Had to plug it in w/USB to get ringtones on it.

Torry Murray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue as OP originally had. After much effort I can get the phone to sync with my 2013 Subaru STi, but then it will randomly drop connection. Also, after leaving and then returning to the car, I have to sync the phone and head unit all over again. My car still has the factory head unit, so initially I blamed it on Subaru's fondness for cheap stereos, but the same thing happened in my wife's car. She has an aftermarket Pioneer Stereo/Nav unit in hers.

I'm running Windows Phone 8.1 on my phone, which I understand is still in beta and doesn't have the accompanying Nokia firmware update. Could this be my problem? Should I downgrade?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My Bluetooth connection with my Equinox has gotten better for two reasons. First, WP8.1 brought some improvements with it, and two, I took my car to the Chevy dealership and they upgraded the software for my infotainment system. So now I can do ALMOST anything an iPhone or Android phone can do. My car's built in Pandora app still doesn't recognize Pandora on my phone, but that is not a big problem. I just start Pandora on my phone and switch to Bluetooth and it works.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
It should be okay since windows phone 8 has that feature built in.
(in response to read out text post)
Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:

anon(5373980)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Started happening on L920 with 8.1 DP and still happening after 8.1 official release with Cyan. Did a factory reset with Cyan too, no change. Still looking for a fix. Toggling BT off and on connects the audio stream. Voice always works fine when i get in the car. In 8.0 it worked flawlessly.

2013 Subaru Crosstrek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon