Dust particles under the camera

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello, my name is Miquel from Barcelona.

I just bought a white Lumia 1020 at Amazon. I am really happy with it but I noticed there is some dust particles under the glass of the camera. I don't see any evidence of it affecting my photos, but that could be just because I'm not a professional photographer and I don't notice the difference. What should I do? Is it normal to find dust particles in the camera for a brand new Lumia 1020? Should I ask Amazon for an exchange? When I opened the box I was surprised because, although everything was perfectly packaged and new, it was kind of dirty. I think they might have stored it in a bad environment because the plastic envelope was dirty and I had to clean out some dirty of the phone surface (was really easy and now it is looking perfect).

IMG_3958.jpg

I would be really grateful if someone advised me on this matter, as this is my first time buying a new phone through Amazon and I have no idea what are the options I have, and, of course, wheter I should care about those dust particles at all or not.

Thanks a lot!

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Of course you should care, this shouldn't have happened. You should ask for exchange. You payed full price, I don't see how you'd have to live with less then perfect condition.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes exactly! You should care and so should amazon aswell!

@bemiquel i can see the dust in your pic and even if it didn't affect any pics taken ,id want a replacement.

This is very bad indeed.
Did the amazon advertisement say new,used,refurb?

Myself id be thinking on a refurbished phone, due to you Also mention it was a little dirty!.
and if so whoever worked on it forgotten to ensure no dust was on the lens / inside lens cover before reassembly.

You should definitely contact amazon re this and if purchased as a brand new unut you should demand a brand new replacement!

If you did purchase as a used/reconditioned unit you should either demand a replacement or the unit fault(dust) problem rectified.

Goodluck

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought a brand new product, not refurbished or reconditioned… I already contacted Amazon and they will send me a replacement phone. I was very specific about the replacement being in perfect conditions, and they told me that they would check all the units they have got in stock to make sure they are in good conditions. I hope this will help somehow new customers…

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
the dust particles isn't exactly under the camera lens, not the camera unit. Its actually just under the piece of glass protecting the camera.
You can actually clean it yourself, after disassembling the phone and taking out the camera unit.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Disassembly Teardown - Assembly - Camera - Battery & Case Replacement - YouTube
but of course I would ask for a replacement myself :cool:

On our f/2.2 lens, those spots will not show up in photos, none that you can tell easily.
Take a look at this article which talks about this issue: Dirty lens article

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99