Does Anyone Agree with Skypes Answer About Lumia Phones...

Graham Goldman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Upon checking on our resources, using it is recommended to use WiFi Connection when using Skype for Nokia Lumia since 3G and 4G connection is currently not supported. Meaning to say, it may work using those kind of connection but there's no guarantee for the quality of service that you will get. Thus, we still recommend using WiFi connection using Skype for this particular phone.

Best regards,

Ryan V.
Skype Tier 2 Team

Does anyone agree. I certainly think its a cop out...?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think he just meant in general calls can be hit and miss sometimes on cellular. Personally I have no problems with making video calls over 3G and LTE

Graham Goldman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree but here in Finland, I constantly run speedtests and my connection (4G) can run up to 100mbits but runs at no less than 40 when tested. I honestly have turned off my home wifi (4mbits) and share the connection from my 925 to 2 tablets,2 phones, 2 laptops, and my Tower and they all run unbelievably better with this shared connection. Not even close to my wifi. My S2 uses Skype Video 100% of the time PERFECTLY. They are blaming basically their own platform. With 700 million users are they serious they cant find a developer to fix this problem which I think is bogus.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05