I can't see equalizer in my lumia 520 after audio update.

Shekhar77

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I updated audio settings in my lumia 520 which was showing availability of an equalizer but after update as i open my audio setting i see equalizer word but instantly disappears.please help me

Ashish Kakade05

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Equalizer is not available for L520......but i also saw blink of equalizer after audio update but then it disappeared......i think Nokia is planning to bring support of equalizer for L520.....

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The update was for some volume bug,however it did show eq for some micro second,nokia can enable it as i feel the hardware is same as720,620 so no reason why it won't work.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Man i remember it used to display equaliser for a split second even before the update ! And as for same hardware, that's not correct, to start with, 520 doesn't have a compass.. And i dont think if they wanted to enable it in 520, they'd update it first and then enable it, that doesn't sound plausible...

Secondly, did someone say a volume bug ? So did they finally fix the bug of not changing volumes ?

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Saksham iam talking about the audio hardwareas the soc used msm 8227 is same as on other models also they are using the same s4 plus processor out of s4 play & pro.i read the article on wmpoweruser website they say that the update was for the volume bug.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 520 does not have an equalizer and I am informed will never have one.

It is not because of hardware limitations or anything about the phone itself, but rather because Nokia uses these omission of features as product differentiation among the Lumia line, so that the higher end models will have more demand because simply it has more features.

So unless Nokia completely changes it's strategy on phone differentiation, do not count on getting an equalizer anytime soon

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 520 does not have an equalizer and I am informed will never have one.

It is not because of hardware limitations or anything about the phone itself, but rather because Nokia uses these omission of features as product differentiation among the Lumia line, so that the higher end models will have more demand because simply it has more features.

So unless Nokia completely changes it's strategy on phone differentiation, do not count on getting an equalizer anytime soon

Contrary to all the information out there. Source? Link? Especially the part about "not a hardware limitation".

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It is not a hardware limitation due to the fact that it has exactly the same chipset and GPU as the equalizer-equipped Lumia 720.

I had this very concern long ago when I was choosing between the various Lumia models, so that is why I contacted Nokia PH, and they gave me the reasoning above.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It is not a hardware limitation due to the fact that it has exactly the same chipset and GPU as the equalizer-equipped Lumia 720.

I had this very concern long ago when I was choosing between the various Lumia models, so that is why I contacted Nokia PH, and they gave me the reasoning above.

I'm really confused about what is in Nokia's mind about it... Would they add an equaliser now, or would they just forget their most selling phone just because its too old to sell now ?
Anyone having an idea whether the equaliser would come now ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo