8,7 MP Camera?

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'd like to ask a question about photo quality.
The photos I have taken are only 200 Kilobytes or so and it says 1632 x 918 pixels. I wonder is this what 8.7 Megapixels do?
O is there any way to set the quality?

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
That's tiny. What phone do you have? Also what settings are you using? Are these edited photos? Where are you getting your info from?
You haven't given enough information to know what is happening.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
He/she posted this in the 925 section.

Where are those photos being viewed? In OneDrive?
What camera app are you using?

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I use Lumia 925. I took photos with the standard camera app. I transfered photos to the computer and looked at the photo info there.
Photos are not edited. And I don't know how to change the MP settings. That's why I am asking here. Is that normal for the 8,7 MP photos to take 200 or so kilobytes?
What should I do about it?
Thanks

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I just tried Nokia Camera, and a photo is about 280 kb. I feel there is something wrong here.
Why cant I take photos in high quality???

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
ok got it. I was transfering the photos via sending e-mail and downloading there. When I transfered directly, they are 1-2mb.
Still not 3 mb though.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
ok got it. I was transfering the photos via sending e-mail and downloading there. When I transfered directly, they are 1-2mb.
Still not 3 mb though.
In Nokia Camera, make sure you have selected to shoot in the highest megapixel setting by swiping in on the ellipsis (three dots) in the bottom right corner, click on settings and then scroll down and click on capture mode - does it say 8MP? Most 8MP photos tend to be about 2-3MB as other users have mentioned. Another way to check is to copy the photos to a computer, right-click on the photo and select properties. Assuming you're using WIndows in the tabs up the top of the window that appears, click on details and it should list the resolution. Do note what you find here in the thread :)

vicuong

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that your photo settings for import to the computer is not compressing the photo further. This standard practice for uploads via certain apps.

ubi sunt

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
In Nokia Camera, make sure you have selected to shoot in the highest megapixel setting by swiping in on the ellipsis (three dots) in the bottom right corner, click on settings and then scroll down and click on capture mode - does it say 8MP? Most 8MP photos tend to be about 2-3MB as other users have mentioned. Another way to check is to copy the photos to a computer, right-click on the photo and select properties. Assuming you're using WIndows in the tabs up the top of the window that appears, click on details and it should list the resolution. Do note what you find here in the thread :)

hi again. the problem is i dont see any "capture mode" in nokia camera settings. could you be more specific on where it is? when in settings i only see these (translating from Turkish): focus assist light, some things about ratio, face recognition, something like photo preview... no settings about the MP .. :S

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
hi again. the problem is i dont see any "capture mode" in nokia camera settings. could you be more specific on where it is? when in settings i only see these (translating from Turkish): focus assist light, some things about ratio, face recognition, something like photo preview... no settings about the MP .. :S

How are you copying the photos from your phone? Are you directly dragging them over using Windows Explorer? Or are you using photo management software?

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you post a photo here, so we can see it :)
Are you sure you're not using Smart or Cinemagraph or refocus but a normal Nokia camera on Auto/Pro?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, typical photo taken from the phone (as in not uploaded to OneDrive and taken from there) should be 1-3mb, depending on a lot of things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo